Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Actually, our breakfast items include rice items most,whether it's Put(Steam cake), appam or idiyappam.....made from rice only.
Only Dosa and Idli include black gram

Meera sandhu
No break fast of us include rice, only pulihora (Tiger bath) will have rice

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I am Punjabi, and i like to have wheat both at lunch and Dinner. I can't satisfy my hunger, if i don't get roti in my food.
If Roti is prepared in our house, then i prefer Roti only. I don't eat Rice at that time.
But if only Pullav or Khichdi or Biryani is prepared, i do it rice at that time.

Want to make each day Accountable

No break fast of us include rice, only pulihora (Tiger bath) will have rice

Idli and dosa????

Tiger in our language is also puli :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But, I think this 'pulihora' is a Tamil dish in which Tamarind is added to get sour taste and puli in Tamil and Malayalam means sour taste....

Actually, 'la' is pronounced a little different (we have two alphabets).

Meera sandhu
Yes if you eat rice then you must need a good amount of walk after taking a meal to avoid more fat............To remove starch wash it properly..........
Rice is little in digestion and we can eat more, if we want to eat more in quantity.

Want to make each day Accountable

If we eat rice food, we won't become hungry easily. also more energetic.

Meera sandhu
Many people have habit of eating rice in their meal and without rice they think their dinner is not completely.............
Most Bengali likes to eat rice.but doctors do not recommend the diabetes patient to take rice.I do not include rice in my diet.I think intake of too much rice is not good for health as its has fat.

Sharmistha Banerjee
sandhya pulihora is our dish also. actually it is known as south Indian dish. It is one of my favorite one. I love to have it curd and with beans masala curry.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.