Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Unbelievably I got an entire collection of the Sherlock Holmes stories in extremely good condition for a mere rs. 200! Sometimes you really get very very good books at throwaway prices, only thing being you need to spend some time scouring the dusty shelves. :laugh:

Ha you people gotta visit Janpath in New Delhi, the footpaths are full of old, not so old books of every category at throwaway prices.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Unbelievably I got an entire collection of the Sherlock Holmes stories in extremely good condition for a mere rs. 200! Sometimes you really get very very good books at throwaway prices, only thing being you need to spend some time scouring the dusty shelves. :laugh:

There is a really old second hand book stall in bangalore which is in a galli near Avenue road known to be a very congested area.you have to climb narrow winding iron stair case to reach it.There are 3 narrow floors filled with an amazing collection of books and when you enter you are lost.But the shop keeper is able to find at least some of the books you ask for in a matter of minutes or at least directs you towards it, then of course it depends on you :dry:

Yes, Usha, one only needs to know the right places to go to!!! If ever I am in Ban :) galore, will definitely look out for this place!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Ha you people gotta visit Janpath in New Delhi, the footpaths are full of old, not so old books of every category at throwaway prices.

Thanks for the info Sunil, will keep that in mind when I am in New Delhi!! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think in Delhi,there is one Bazaar.I don't know the name, but there are lots of old and new books there.

Want to make each day Accountable

If you want to purchase books in my location that is visakhapatnam then it is good to purchase at police barax where all old book selling shops will be. very worthable shops and they are even sell new books also

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

If you want to purchase books in my location that is visakhapatnam then it is good to purchase at police barax where all old book selling shops will be. very worthable shops and they are even sell new books also

Every city now has a corner where you find second hand book stalls, some of them just spread out on the pavements by the road side.I also see that now many more people are buying from them :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

some times, quality books by famous authors are available at second hand shops. There are such book stalls near my work place. Some times, I visit these and if find any useful book, I buy one.

We can purchase quality books in cheap cost.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
Of course , most people are looking for best sellers and no one wants books that are non fiction and educational, so one can get them for a cheap price at second hand book stores.According to one book stall owner , the other popular books that sell really well are books on astrological predictions and the like :dry: :blink:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I never prefer to buy old books. Instead I love to search my favourite books in some old library

Meera sandhu
I am still buying Second had books. Last Month i bought 1 Book. Yes,definitely it is much cheaper.

I too do that, buy at least one or two books each month and by the end of the year it becomes a good collection and since it is not all that expensive you really dont mind the money spent on it,,,In fact I never feel bad spending money on books , second hand or even new :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.