Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
As mentioned by Gulshanji, most waiters do share the tip with other employees. That's kind of a norm.

When I was in college, I worked at Pizza hut as a waiter for 2 months. There, the manager used to pool all the tip for the day and distribute it equally among all the employees.

Personally, I give 10%-15% of the bill amount as tip depending on the level of service I have received. (I don't give tip if the service level is pathetic but it has not happened yet, generally waiters are nice to me ;) )

So you were part-time working while studying!!!
Am really appreciating you :)

Meera sandhu
As mentioned by Gulshanji, most waiters do share the tip with other employees. That's kind of a norm.

When I was in college, I worked at Pizza hut as a waiter for 2 months. There, the manager used to pool all the tip for the day and distribute it equally among all the employees.

Personally, I give 10%-15% of the bill amount as tip depending on the level of service I have received. (I don't give tip if the service level is pathetic but it has not happened yet, generally waiters are nice to me ;) )

Some waiters say that they do not get any salary but they survive on tips only. Is that true- although possible.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

@sandhya - Yes, I did a lot of part time work while in college. I worked for Pizza hut, worked at library, did some smalltime promotions and events and even used to take tuitions for English and Maths.

When I was in college, I had a lot of desires like going to movies, watching dramas and play, going to best restaurants to eat etc. etc. and I needed money for that and so I had to earn somehow 'coz pocket money was not enough (It usually never is)

But what I now cherish are the things that I have learnt from doing different jobs and interacting with people. Doing petty jobs makes you humble and teaches a lot about life. I can now easily connect with people who are not priveleged or suffering hardships in life.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

Some waiters say that they do not get any salary but they survive on tips only. Is that true- although possible.

Personally, I don't think anyone would agree to such an arrangement. It is too risky. May be waiter would be given a less salary and would have the freedom to take whatever the customers tip them and not share it with others.
@sandhya - Yes, I did a lot of part time work while in college. I worked for Pizza hut, worked at library, did some smalltime promotions and events and even used to take tuitions for English and Maths.

When I was in college, I had a lot of desires like going to movies, watching dramas and play, going to best restaurants to eat etc. etc. and I needed money for that and so I had to earn somehow 'coz pocket money was not enough (It usually never is)

But what I now cherish are the things that I have learnt from doing different jobs and interacting with people. Doing petty jobs makes you humble and teaches a lot about life. I can now easily connect with people who are not priveleged or suffering hardships in life.

Really..youngsters can learn a lot from you!!!
Am really impressed :)

Meera sandhu
I am really flattered by your compliment. But honestly, there are far better persons out there who would serve the purpose of a role model.
I am really flattered by your compliment. But honestly, there are far better persons out there who would serve the purpose of a role model.

Am seriously saying Arun...you may not be a role model in all aspects. Yet youngsters can learn a lot from you. I am not seeing any where such kids who do some sort of earning like this, at least for some pocket money!! That's why I felt surprising. At our college days also, not seen even a single friend who earns at least by teaching. :silly: :blink:

But my brother is teaching students now, while learning. I have always appreciated him for this

Meera sandhu
then you have to give tips to both the people , that is who clean our table and who serve.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

then you have to give tips to both the people , that is who clean our table and who serve.

Then some one has to start it!!!! ;)

Meera sandhu
yes, but it has became a society culture to give tips only to the waiters.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.