Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
As a rule, you should tip nobody. But it is customary to tip waiter, who attends on you. I give good tip to waiter in bar and restaurant. They serve very enthusiastically whenever I visit.

Incidentally, the waiters share the tip with others- cook, cleaners etc.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

As a rule, you should tip nobody. But it is customary to tip waiter, who attends on you. I give good tip to waiter in bar and restaurant. They serve very enthusiastically whenever I visit.

If it's so, really nice.
Actually, will cleaners get tip :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Meera sandhu
I agree with that ! In some restaurants they have a box into which you put your contribution which is shared by everyone at the end of the day, which seems fair..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I agree with that ! In some restaurants they have a box into which you put your contribution which is shared by everyone at the end of the day, which seems fair..

But those boxes are for our helps to institutions, not tips. :dry:
Am I not right?

Meera sandhu

If it's so, really nice.

If waiters do not share tip with other employees, they will not get cooperation.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If it's so, really nice.

If waiters do not share tip with other employees, they will not get cooperation.

Yes, that's why they are obeying the waiters.
Sometimes, each waiter may have a cleaner in hand and an agreement may be between these two. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu

Am I not right?

That happens only in super markets and shops not in restaurants.In many restaurants they have a box where you can put money or if you hand it over to the waiter who has served you, he puts it into it and at the end of the day it is shared by everyone..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Am I not right?

That happens only in super markets and shops not in restaurants.In many restaurants they have a box where you can put money or if you hand it over to the waiter who has served you, he puts it into it and at the end of the day it is shared by everyone..

New piece of knowledge..
Here such boxes are for institutions only :blink: :blink: :blink:

Meera sandhu

If it's so, really nice.

Naturally, they all get their share, if they won't share with all the staff they wont be able to survive for a day. They keep a proper account.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

As mentioned by Gulshanji, most waiters do share the tip with other employees. That's kind of a norm.

When I was in college, I worked at Pizza hut as a waiter for 2 months. There, the manager used to pool all the tip for the day and distribute it equally among all the employees.

Personally, I give 10%-15% of the bill amount as tip depending on the level of service I have received. (I don't give tip if the service level is pathetic but it has not happened yet, generally waiters are nice to me ;) )
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.