Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Among all Bollywood singers, only she can sing in 3 octaves. Also Bhimsingh Joshi can sing in 3 octaves. All other singers can sing up to 2 octaves.
But I don't know, what is this '3 octaves', even if I searched google several times, some days before. Do you know anything about 3 octaves, even if you don't classical music???

I love Hindustani classical music sans its grammar! But to my layman's understanding it's the unstrained vocal range.

An octave is a cycle of a vocal range touching the higest and lowest note of a scale.A singer with the ability of 3 octave shows the fluency of touching this at the lowest scale, medium scale and higher scale with great smoothness and grace. May be both the greatest singers you have named, are known to possess this extraordinary quality in their voice.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Among all Bollywood singers, only she can sing in 3 octaves. Also Bhimsingh Joshi can sing in 3 octaves. All other singers can sing up to 2 octaves.
But I don't know, what is this '3 octaves', even if I searched google several times, some days before. Do you know anything about 3 octaves, even if you don't classical music???

I love Hindustani classical music sans its grammar! But to my layman's understanding it's the unstrained vocal range.

An octave is a cycle of a vocal range touching the higest and lowest note of a scale.A singer with the ability of 3 octave shows the fluency of touching this at the lowest scale, medium scale and higher scale with great smoothness and grace. May be both the greatest singers you have named, are known to possess this extraordinary quality in their voice.

I really missed this thread...... :) Once again a big thank you for you.....

Yes....I have read only about these 2 singers. Among playback singers, Lataji only. I think many great classical singers of our country like M.M.Subbhalekshmi may have this extra-ordinary talent to sing in 3 octaves. After all, these 2 singers are named as 'Nightingales' :)

Meera sandhu
Thanks a lot,Sandhya! In fact, to be honest enough these words of thanks should go to one my elderly friends who explained the concept so clearly when I approched him after receiving your query.
Thanks a lot,Sandhya! In fact, to be honest enough these words of thanks should go to one my elderly friends who explained the concept so clearly when I appraoched him after receiving your query.

I won't thank you. :cheer: But say a thanks and pranaam to that elder person, on my behalf. :)
I may ask many such questions in future. :P

Don't thank me please.....I don't like it. I am saying it from the depth of my heart. Thanks and sorry.....I give only for strangers. :)
7_2_210_2012-03-13.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
Thanks a lot,Sandhya! In fact, to be honest enough these words of thanks should go to one my elderly friends who explained the concept so clearly when I appraoched him after receiving your query.

I won't thank you. :cheer: But say a thanks and pranaam to that elder person, on my behalf. :)
I may ask many such questions in future. :P

Don't thank me please.....I don't like it. I am saying it from the depth of my heart. Thanks and sorry.....I give only for strangers. :)

I'd convey your pranams to him but you have left nothing for me!!{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6115]}
Nothing at all!!!!
Actually you should thank me because I helped you to learn about 'singing in 3 octaves' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
idea-sharing_2012-03-13.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
Nothing at all!!!!
Actually you should thank me because I helped you to learn about 'singing in 3 octaves' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6117]}
Songs of new decade won't stay long as personal favourites in anyone's heart. what's your opinion?

Meera sandhu
I am a Musicphile & enjoy every type of music. whatever i am listening, whether classic or hard rock, its all depend on my mood.
I am a Musicphile & enjoy every type of music. whatever i am listening, whether classic or hard rock, its all depend on my mood.

Your profile picture itself shows you are a rockstar :P

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.