The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
A moderator and editor is chosen by the admin through a selection process ! However, just becoming an editor doesnt mean a thing because in the past I have hardly seen some of them around after the selection process was over....what is the point in becoming one if you are not willing to spend time here and look after the site ? Some feel that it gives them clout probably :dry:

The editors are also basically members. They are not full time on the site. Now most editors are active and so the site has no difficulty. If an editor does not work actively, he gets nothing from the site. So this does not matter. Site can always appoint as many editors as are needed from the pool of active members. Very likely some of the new active members may in course of time be appointed editor and moderator. If any moderator and editor remains absent for most time, he may be dropped at next reshuffle.

There is no need to have a full time presence but be there generally to watch over things, be fair without taking the sides of some members and that should be good enough !

Oh in that case, I too would like to be an editor. I am sure I can be just, unbiased and work accordingly..........

Wish you the best. But here I may mention that there are some good achievers who never cared to be editor or moderator. Sandhya Rani and Chinmoy are among them. One may just concentrate on writing good articles and forum posts without editor and moderator assignment. He will also definitely get recognition.

Right. I am by the way being active here with loads of other work as discussed in my other thread. Now I am also seriously thinking of being an editor.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, suni51
A moderator and editor is chosen by the admin through a selection process ! However, just becoming an editor doesnt mean a thing because in the past I have hardly seen some of them around after the selection process was over....what is the point in becoming one if you are not willing to spend time here and look after the site ? Some feel that it gives them clout probably :dry:

The editors are also basically members. They are not full time on the site. Now most editors are active and so the site has no difficulty. If an editor does not work actively, he gets nothing from the site. So this does not matter. Site can always appoint as many editors as are needed from the pool of active members. Very likely some of the new active members may in course of time be appointed editor and moderator. If any moderator and editor remains absent for most time, he may be dropped at next reshuffle.

There is no need to have a full time presence but be there generally to watch over things, be fair without taking the sides of some members and that should be good enough !

Oh in that case, I too would like to be an editor. I am sure I can be just, unbiased and work accordingly..........

Wish you the best. But here I may mention that there are some good achievers who never cared to be editor or moderator. Sandhya Rani and Chinmoy are among them. One may just concentrate on writing good articles and forum posts without editor and moderator assignment. He will also definitely get recognition.

Chinmoy of course should have become the editor long back , he is one of the best members we have here.... :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Ashii, suni51, Kalyani Nandurkar
Subir, it is not just any random member, but an active member who is regularly writing articles, has good grasp and sense of English language and grammar can become an editor. The selection process is totally online where you have to complete 2 or 3 surveys successfully. When the vacancies are announced, you first need to send your interest to admin with requisite resume, as may be asked, after which you are sent the surveys.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Good to know from all senior members that one can get the opportunity to become an editor.... so be ready for good and hard work only it can pay you off
Sry,i don't know.Now only i'm hearing that Editor and Moderator are chosen from Boddunan Member .Is there any qualification needed to become Moderator and Editor ?
Sry,i don't know.Now only i'm hearing that Editor and Moderator are chosen from Boddunan Member .Is there any qualification needed to become Moderator and Editor ?

It is better to write good articles and participate in forums. Thus you will create a good impression by earning more points, cash and badges. When there is need for editors/ moderators, admin will conduct survey in which you may participate. However you should opt for moderator/ editor only if you are regular and punctual. There is good scope of earning even by just writing articles, forum posts and other activities

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51
Thank you very much for your clarification sir..
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Definitely, whenever the admin feels that old bunch is not active, he begins the selection process.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Hi Subir,

Yes any member can be an editor or moderator here on the site provided he/she completes the survey asked during selections as per the expectations of an admin. It hardly matters if that member is random or an active user.
Hi Subir,

Yes any member can be an editor or moderator here on the site provided he/she completes the survey asked during selections as per the expectations of an admin. It hardly matters if that member is random or an active user.

Member must be active user. Only then he will participate in survey. If some one is not active even as a member, he cannot be expected to be active as a moderator and editor. As a member, you may not log in even for a month. This is your choice. But if you do not log in as an editor, authors will be affected as their articles will be delayed.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Ashii, suni51
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.