Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is horrible and after hearing some software professional were in the bus and in holidaying gives immense sadness to the carelessness of driver. He was drunk. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

All are humans. Software professionals are also humans. The child who was burnt alive in its mother's lap is also human. Its a human tragedy.

True, most of the passengers died but the driver who was responsible for the tragedy managed to escape and is now in hospital. In fact this incident is enough to make one think twice before boarding a private bus again...

This is indeed a very horrible accident. The private bus operators everywhere in India are extremely quick to raise the prices of their tickets during vacations and popular festivals such as Diwali and Christmas etc. but they hardly take even the basic measures to ensure the safety and security of their passengers. In fact most operators do not even bother to check the competency of their drivers. There is a need to ensure extremely strict and rigid controls in place to prevent such mishaps.

I travel frequently by bus to Bangalore and use only the KSRTC, the stste run volvos which are very well maintained with the drivers being very careful while driving in the shiradi ghat roads...the private bus drivers I have seen are perpetually drunk and over worked so they tend to fall asleep while driving and are reckless..
In Odisha it is opposite here, private bus owners are extremely careful abt. their bus as well as drivers where as govt. bus drivers are seemingly to be reckless as well as drunken at times.

I don't know the present condition. But when I was in Odisha, private buses were as bad as government operated buses.
During the present BJD rule the opposite is happening, the state functionaries are working excellent but private operators are looting people y charging more and giving weird bus services.

Why the present government is not acting ? Because the present government knows that the private operators are providing more facilities and taking more safety precautions even though they charge more.
It is horrible and after hearing some software professional were in the bus and in holidaying gives immense sadness to the carelessness of driver. He was drunk. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

All are humans. Software professionals are also humans. The child who was burnt alive in its mother's lap is also human. Its a human tragedy.

True, most of the passengers died but the driver who was responsible for the tragedy managed to escape and is now in hospital. In fact this incident is enough to make one think twice before boarding a private bus again...

This is indeed a very horrible accident. The private bus operators everywhere in India are extremely quick to raise the prices of their tickets during vacations and popular festivals such as Diwali and Christmas etc. but they hardly take even the basic measures to ensure the safety and security of their passengers. In fact most operators do not even bother to check the competency of their drivers. There is a need to ensure extremely strict and rigid controls in place to prevent such mishaps.

I travel frequently by bus to Bangalore and use only the KSRTC, the stste run volvos which are very well maintained with the drivers being very careful while driving in the shiradi ghat roads...the private bus drivers I have seen are perpetually drunk and over worked so they tend to fall asleep while driving and are reckless..
In Odisha it is opposite here, private bus owners are extremely careful abt. their bus as well as drivers where as govt. bus drivers are seemingly to be reckless as well as drunken at times.

I don't know the present condition. But when I was in Odisha, private buses were as bad as government operated buses.
During the present BJD rule the opposite is happening, the state functionaries are working excellent but private operators are looting people y charging more and giving weird bus services.

Why the present government is not acting ? Because the present government knows that the private operators are providing more facilities and taking more safety precautions even though they charge more.
In the present government bought costly buses and fixed the fairs and it has routed two busses to major towns, and for this pvt. bus owners are at loss and they are trying to charge more, and during last four years, 10 new railways lines connected to towns which can only be connected with bus earlier, towns like, Baripada, Keonjhar, Nabarangpur, Jaypur (broad gauge) which are once connected with bus now with trains and intercity expresses and fast passengers are connecting these routes, all these routes are dominated once by pvt operators.

http://mohanmekap.com/

In the present government bought costly buses and fixed the fairs and it has routed two busses to major towns, and for this pvt. bus owners are at loss and they are trying to charge more, and during last four years, 10 new railways lines connected to towns which can only be connected with bus earlier, towns like, Baripada, Keonjhar, Nabarangpur, Jaypur (broad gauge) which are once connected with bus now with trains and intercity expresses and fast passengers are connecting these routes, all these routes are dominated once by pvt operators.

We are discussing about the safety precautions and the road worthiness aspects of the transport systems especially Buses. And where the lack of such vital factors are leading to.
I was answering yours queries in the post before abt, the situation, and why govt. run agencies are more responsible here than pvt. run busses, definitely, there is lot to be done, but it is always advisable in terms of safety while travelling in Odisha, one should prefer govt, run tourist or ling distance buses.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I was answering yours queries in the post before abt, the situation, and why govt. run agencies are more responsible here than pvt. run busses, definitely, there is lot to be done, but it is always advisable in terms of safety while travelling in Odisha, one should prefer govt, run tourist or ling distance buses.

The matter does not end there. As a user one should check if the bus has adequate safety facilities like fire extinguishers, medical kit etc. And once you said that you travelled in a truck. Of course asked you not to travel by trucks.Users also have a role in exposing the private operators; wrongful ways.
I for one question if I see any inadequacy in the norms.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

The matter does not end there. As a user one should check if the bus has adequate safety facilities like fire extinguishers, medical kit etc. And once you said that you travelled in a truck. Of course asked you not to travel by trucks.Users also have a role in exposing the private operators; wrongful ways.
It was just after completion of my education, when my father transfer from Rourkella to Nabarangpur, we both had to stay inside trucks while the lug gages are there with the truck.

It was just after completion of my education, when my father transfer from Rourkella to Nabarangpur, we both had to stay inside trucks while the lug gages are there with the truck.

Luggage can be safely sent without your following. I sent my luggage during my shifting from Rourkela to Vizag through a registered private transport which had branches in the entire state. They will handover your luggage carefully without damaging ANY thing. They do the packing in such a way there wont be damage during transit.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Luggage can be safely sent without your following. I sent my luggage during my shifting from Rourkela to Vizag through a registered private transport which had branches in the entire state. They will handover your luggage carefully without damaging ANY thing. They do the packing in such a way there wont be damage during transit.

Yes thats right, it even comes with an insurance for any damage above a certain limit. When we had our stuff moved from Bangalore to hear, a glass table cover had cracked which they replaced....They are very efficient and although they do charge a lot it is still worth hiring one of those packers and movers...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

During that time Daddy was chief manager of Nabarangpur SBI and in 2005 the only way luggages can be sent is through transport trucks, as bank will reimburse the money.

During that time Daddy was chief manager of Nabarangpur SBI and in 2005 the only way luggages can be sent is through transport trucks, as bank will reimburse the money.

I left Rourkela in 1989. In 1989 itself Rourkela had a agood fleet of transport carriers. Why not in 2005? Reimbursing the money spent on transport is the facility available to me also.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.