Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It was one of the most liberal colleges with youngsters going round in the most mod dresses,hair cuts and mini skirts.But now they are imposing a dress code and also a name tag which the students are supposed to carry round their neck all the time.This has not gone down well with the students who feel that their freedom is being unnecessarily curtailed...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Dress-code-for-liberal-Madras-Christian-College-leaves-students-fuming/articleshow/20825088.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

After looking present situation when rape very common it is not wrong. Safety is first than freedom. In my city all girls collage have dress code.

I feel that rape is largely an issue that has to do with the attitude and mentality of men and not how a woman dresses. But having a dress code in colleges is good for discipline and also learn a few things about how the society functions...

The dress code is for ensuring uniformity and decorum. I don't think that this has anything to do with rape.

Its the other way. As uniforms are not provocative, the chances of rape are less.

I agree. There is another aspect. If a girl or boy are in uniform, their identity is known to all and this may by itself prevent crime.

When we consider the statistics there are hardly ay rape cases taking place within the college campuses and institutions, most of them happen out on the roads at public places, so the question of uniforms bringing down rape or criminal cases doesnt really count...

Yes it doesn't, I agree but it helps keep a decorum, sense of uniformity and equality. The difference between poor and rich lessens a bit because all seen clad in same way..

Let me tell you about the campus happenings in AP. It was only yesterday a feature was telecast with the title, “ Keechaka Teachers.” Keechaka, the demon character from Mahabharata is well known for his rapes. Teachers who retain the girls who are lagging back in studies after school hours are raped in the school premises. Though such incidents are happening, they are not seeing the light.

But it has nothing to do with uniform or dress, it can happen in any clothes they wear. I know there are so many bad incidents taking place in schools and colleges and this is not limited with girls only.

I was talking about Stats and rapes in school premises.

Schools are also part of our society where most students go for learning, some learn wrong things the harder way. I am so sorry to say but schools are perhaps not the same which used to be a few decades back. We have gone ahead with time but at the same time gone back too far behind too, probably to the savage era.

That's what the TV show about which I mentioned, was highlighting. It says about our so called development. A development consisting of 2 steps forward and 4 steps backward is of no use.

We shall have to find a way out before it's too late. There is no use letting them go scott free. Every incident ignored makes them commit more and more.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It was one of the most liberal colleges with youngsters going round in the most mod dresses,hair cuts and mini skirts.But now they are imposing a dress code and also a name tag which the students are supposed to carry round their neck all the time.This has not gone down well with the students who feel that their freedom is being unnecessarily curtailed...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/chennai/Dress-code-for-liberal-Madras-Christian-College-leaves-students-fuming/articleshow/20825088.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

After looking present situation when rape very common it is not wrong. Safety is first than freedom. In my city all girls collage have dress code.

I feel that rape is largely an issue that has to do with the attitude and mentality of men and not how a woman dresses. But having a dress code in colleges is good for discipline and also learn a few things about how the society functions...

The dress code is for ensuring uniformity and decorum. I don't think that this has anything to do with rape.

Its the other way. As uniforms are not provocative, the chances of rape are less.

I agree. There is another aspect. If a girl or boy are in uniform, their identity is known to all and this may by itself prevent crime.

When we consider the statistics there are hardly ay rape cases taking place within the college campuses and institutions, most of them happen out on the roads at public places, so the question of uniforms bringing down rape or criminal cases doesnt really count...

Yes it doesn't, I agree but it helps keep a decorum, sense of uniformity and equality. The difference between poor and rich lessens a bit because all seen clad in same way..

Let me tell you about the campus happenings in AP. It was only yesterday a feature was telecast with the title, “ Keechaka Teachers.” Keechaka, the demon character from Mahabharata is well known for his rapes. Teachers who retain the girls who are lagging back in studies after school hours are raped in the school premises. Though such incidents are happening, they are not seeing the light.

But it has nothing to do with uniform or dress, it can happen in any clothes they wear. I know there are so many bad incidents taking place in schools and colleges and this is not limited with girls only.

Schools are also part of our society where most students go for learning, some learn wrong things the harder way. I am so sorry to say but schools are perhaps not the same which used to be a few decades back. We have gone ahead with time but at the same time gone back too far behind too, probably to the savage era.

That's what the TV show about which I mentioned, was highlighting. It says about our so called development. A development consisting of 2 steps forward and 4 steps backward is of no use.

We shall have to find a way out before it's too late. There is no use letting them go scott free. Every incident ignored makes them commit more and more.

I think this awakening in the people is taking place. In AP, there are several incidents where in people committing such heinous crimes are honoured with chappal garlands, beaten by women , children and men of the locality and then handed over to the police.

I think this awakening in the people is taking place. In AP, there are several incidents where in people committing such heinous crimes are honoured with chappal garlands, beaten by women , children and men of the locality and then handed over to the police.

But that's about all, they never get a proper punishment since police never act properly and make a strong case. They either get a bail from police, court and everyone forgets it forever. Unless we punish them using a strict law nothing is going to change.

But that's about all, they never get a proper punishment since police never act properly and make a strong case. They either get a bail from police, court and everyone forgets it forever. Unless we punish them using a strict law nothing is going to change.

That's why people say they beat the beast in such a way, that he remembers for a whole life time. In fact this method of punishment was suggested (Unofficially) by a senior Police officer 2 years ago in AP. Once the criminal is handed over to the police, the remaining things and formalities will be completed by the police department.

yes I am agreed it is depends of mentality of men but opposite sex attraction is natural. I think some hormones is responsible for it. some men can control on them self but some cann't. so it better to wear sobber dress.
Thank you said by: suni51

yes I am agreed it is depends of mentality of men but opposite sex attraction is natural. I think some hormones is responsible for it. some men can control on them self but some cann't. so it better to wear sobber dress.

Yes I agree, while some people are mentally sick and feel aroused by modern dresses, it's better to avoid such dresses while in paces where these not taken as norma. After all we use umbrella to protect ourselves from getting wet.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
The problem with our society is its double standards.Anything done in the name of tradition is accepted like for example if you see the old temple carvings the dresses worn as depicted there sis bolder than anything you see. Similarly you see women wearing sarees below their navel and skimpy blouses which show much more of the body than western dresses do, but that is ok as far as the population. Is concerned ..so one has to use ones wisdom and do what is best for oneself since safety is important much more than public opinion..I personally feel that ladies have to be cautious when there are deviant and deranged men out there in the open..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The problem with our society is its double standards.Anything done in the name of tradition is accepted like for example if you see the old temple carvings the dresses worn as depicted there sis bolder than anything you see. Similarly you see women wearing sarees below their navel and skimpy blouses which show much more of the body than western dresses do, but that is ok as far as the population. Is concerned ..so one has to use ones wisdom and do what is best for oneself since safety is important much more than public opinion..I personally feel that ladies have to be cautious when there are deviant and deranged men out there in the open..

These carvings were created by artist thousands years ago. At that time society was not like today. They also did not believe that after thousands year men lost their more completely. It is proverb, "jais Desh Vesa Bhesh". So women and girls first assured their safety. It is possible only with education.

It happens only in India, but fact is that people in India are still not mature and are never taught to respect others' personal choices especially where dressing is concerned. While most men still prefer their women be covered from top to toe are the ones who will stare shamelessly at a woman who is dress in jeans, they even stare at quite young girls, forgetting their own daughters might be getting stared at in a similar manner. It is all about hypocrisy and double standards everywhere.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

It happens only in India, but fact is that people in India are still not mature and are never taught to respect others' personal choices especially where dressing is concerned. While most men still prefer their women be covered from top to toe are the ones who will stare shamelessly at a woman who is dress in jeans, they even stare at quite young girls, forgetting their own daughters might be getting stared at in a similar manner. It is all about hypocrisy and double standards everywhere.

I agree. I also find that saree is more revealing than Pant or Jeans. But there is another aspect. What we are used to see is not so noticed as some thing new. Saree is more usual and acceptable dress and so a woman in such dress is not so noticable as one in western dress to which people may not be used to.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.