Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
yes, i am proud for boddunan too

Imagine if boddunan get award from Mr Chidambaram? that day i will get to see the founder of boddunan, Mr Nagarjuna Bodduna!

of course, Maverick will be there too....

Swetha Shenoy

Imagine if boddunan get award from Mr Chidambaram? that day i will get to see the founder of boddunan, Mr Nagarjuna Bodduna!

That would be really really great, I would definitely like to be present for the occasion! :) But I don't know why but I always think that Maverick is Nagarjuna???

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Why Chidambaram?
Why not someone else? :cheer:

Meera sandhu

That would be really really great, I would definitely like to be present for the occasion! :) But I don't know why but I always think that Maverick is Nagarjuna???

Today you may think so. Tomorrow you will say Atul is Nagarjuna ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
Oh Kalyani

coincidentally my brother in law to one of my cousins also work in Melbourne, Australia and he doesnt want to come back because he was ridiculed in India not having a degree and he earns a very good amount now in Australia !

Yes, kalyani , if given a chance, you and i could earn more there too, but i love my country and i am doing my little bit to help my country by participating in water projects for the rural India :)

You know, bringing pure water to the poor really matters a most to a poor family ,because the women and children can stay home(rather than travelling miles to fetch water), the men can go happily to work and moreover their hospital bills are reduced......

Yes Swetha that is a very sad fact, people get respect based on their degrees and not their intellect and skills in India. Also there is no respect for people who work using their hands, they are looked down upon by others. In other countries if you are able to do something with your own hands, you get a lot of respect!

hahah,Kalyani Maverick is not Nagarjuna

Many times i tried to ask Maverick who is Mr Bodduna, but he always avoided my question or better, he might even block this thread!

No sandya, atul is not Mr Bodduna, poor fellow!

Well, sandhya do you want us to get award from MR Kapil SIbal then?

Swetha Shenoy
Oh Kalyani

coincidentally my brother in law to one of my cousins also work in Melbourne, Australia and he doesnt want to come back because he was ridiculed in India not having a degree and he earns a very good amount now in Australia !

Yes, kalyani , if given a chance, you and i could earn more there too, but i love my country and i am doing my little bit to help my country by participating in water projects for the rural India :)

You know, bringing pure water to the poor really matters a most to a poor family ,because the women and children can stay home(rather than travelling miles to fetch water), the men can go happily to work and moreover their hospital bills are reduced......

Yes Swetha that is a very sad fact, people get respect based on their degrees and not their intellect and skills in India. Also there is no respect for people who work using their hands, they are looked down upon by others. In other countries if you are able to do something with your own hands, you get a lot of respect!

This is rooted in our caste system. The brahmins were given higher status because of bhookish knowledge of Vedas, scriptures etc. Those days the learned were respected for having studies in some famous Gurukul. although there were no degrees, tag of famous Guru was enough. For example, the 'vishwamitra' tag was attached to Rama. Arjun had tag of Guru Dronacharya. Karan and Eklavya were without such tag. so they were not respected despite merit. Such Guru tags were equivalent to modern time degrees.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Oh Kalyani

This is rooted in our caste system. The brahmins were given higher status because of bhookish knowledge of Vedas, scriptures etc. Those days the learned were respected for having studies in some famous Gurukul. although there were no degrees, tag of famous Guru was enough. For example, the 'vishwamitra' tag was attached to Rama. Arjun had tag of Guru Dronacharya. Karan and Eklavya were without such tag. so they were not respected despite merit. Such Guru tags were equivalent to modern time degrees.

Similar to 'Ashan' tags for teachers of Kalaripayattu, archery, fire works etc of Kerala

Meera sandhu
hahah,Kalyani Maverick is not Nagarjuna

Many times i tried to ask Maverick who is Mr Bodduna, but he always avoided my question or better, he might even block this thread!

No sandya, atul is not Mr Bodduna, poor fellow!

Well, sandhya do you want us to get award from MR Kapil SIbal then?

Yes, Atul is definitely not Mr. Bodduna! Well, the mystery never ceases.... :lol:

Oh Kalyani

Yes, that psyche is rooted deeply in our minds due to the caste system! And who can ever forget what happened to Eklavya when he learned the skill all on his own by keeping a statue of Guru Dronacharya as proxy guru?

But after so many decades after independence and increased education, awareness, globalization etc. there has to be change in our mentality, which unfortunately is not seen.

Let me give an example, my father-in-law's best friend happens to be belong to a community of carpenters by tradition. He used to make really beautiful pieces of furniture by hand, now he is 80 and is unable to build anything. His two sons refused to learn the trade and are happy doing jobs when they could easily earn much more money by making furniture! sadly, they despise the craft and this is also the reason why so many traditional crafts and arts are dying in India!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.