Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
chinmoymukherjee wrote:
[quote]What has to be stressed in this context is the fact that our developmental efforts since Independence utterly neglected the importance of education which could have led to a much better quality of life in our country.All our problems stem from this![/quote]Yes I agree, importance of education is very much neglected in our country after independence, may be due to the reason that it was one of the reason for the fall of British rule in India. Most of education policies of government are in documents only.
Yes we do have many welfare schemes for the poor....
In rajasthan too we have this earnings with meals, but then too day by day inflation is rising, life is getting more and more expensive....
Education is a potent tool of empowerment and I don't think our politicians would have succeeded so easily in cheating and befooling the people had they access to it!
As rightly stated by Chinmoy, control of population is of paramount importance. Our natural resources inclusive of land do not increase with rise in population and so per capita share decreases. Secondly, we must encourage work and discourage living on unearned income. If all able bodies persons contribute to economy, we can move ahead easily.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

As greater awareness of the negative aspect of overpopulation can only be generated through the means of education I personally feel the spread of education holds the key in this respect.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.