The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Stay healthy with full ripe banana with black patches.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8761]}

This type of banana is available in plenty in Bangalore but not here in Mangalore...It is nice useful information ! I like Rasa Bhale a variety that is fast becoming rare now. Incidentally US imports more bananas than any other country in the world ...

Was she referring to a special variety of banana? :unsure: I am little confused as I thought every ripe banana developed black spots and was good for health. Anyway, I like both ripe and raw banana.

I think it's the case of every ripened banana :)

Meera sandhu

This type of banana is available in plenty in Bangalore but not here in Mangalore...It is nice useful information ! I like Rasa Bhale a variety that is fast becoming rare now. Incidentally US imports more bananas than any other country in the world ...

Was she referring to a special variety of banana? :unsure: I am little confused as I thought every ripe banana developed black spots and was good for health. Anyway, I like both ripe and raw banana.

Jabeen, most varieties of bananas produced in India get spots after ripening, but there are many varieties, mostly from West that do not get even a single spot! Hence this R&D!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Its a nice information and sure I will share it with all.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Jabeen, most varieties of bananas produced in India get spots after ripening, but there are many varieties, mostly from West that do not get even a single spot! Hence this R&D!

Yes thats right , although many varieties do get spots on them, there are many other varieties that are smooth skinned and bright yellow in color or green even while they are ripe , which do not get any spots even after they become over ripe..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I think it's all right as long the fruit is not ripened through artificial ways as in most cases the banana is ripened through Calcium Carbide. They have technique to look it like natural ripening. So be careful.
Just check through this link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripening

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I think it's all right as long the fruit is not ripened through artificial ways as in most cases the banana is ripened through Calcium Carbide. They have technique to look it like natural ripening. So be careful.

It's not the case of banana only....but every fruits.....
Premature fruits are ripened through artificial methods to get more profits.
Let me take example of mango.
It's true non-seasonal fruits get more cash. So, before they ripens, they pluck them and ripen them using artificial methods.

During mango season, we will get them in around 30 rupees per kilo. But before the season, it will be available in the market for Rs.110 - 140. People are buying also. Actually, they are not tasty, also..some mangoes taste like bitter guard :woohoo: though they are bought at high prices. It's due to the excess use of chemicals.
That's why it's told, buy only seasonal fruits. It's healthy, tasty and of course cheap.

Meera sandhu
I had seen this in Face book. Due to the many minerals in the banana ripe will help us to make our teeth white.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

It's true non-seasonal fruits get more cash. So, before they ripens, they pluck them and ripen them using artificial methods.

During mango season, we will get them in around 30 rupees per kilo. But before the season, it will be available in the market for Rs.110 - 140. People are buying also. Actually, they are not tasty, also..some mangoes taste like bitter guard :woohoo: though they are bought at high prices. It's due to the excess use of chemicals.
That's why it's told, buy only seasonal fruits. It's healthy, tasty and of course cheap.

Actually mango is produced in different places like India, Brazil, Philippines, Thailand, Mexico, Indonesia and available round the year through preserving techniques. The taste of mango is different according to its thousands of varieties, some of them are too costly and out of reach of normal public even in its season like Alphonso.

Actually mango is produced in different places like India, Brazil, Philippines, Thailand, Mexico, Indonesia and available round the year through preserving techniques. The taste of mango is different according to its thousands of varieties, some of them are too costly and out of reach of normal public even in its season like Alphonso.

I think Kerala won't get mangoes from Brazil, Philippines, Thailand, Mexico and Indonesia ;)
I have seen many such fruits in big bazaar, reliance shops and such malls. I even never touch them :evil: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu

I think Kerala won't get mangoes from Brazil, Philippines, Thailand, Mexico and Indonesia ;)
I have seen many such fruits in big bazaar, reliance shops and such malls. I even never touch them :evil: :laugh: :laugh:

I think Kerala is one place, which imports lots of them with so many stared tourists places catering for tourists and they ask for such items, cost is no problem for them.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.