Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Seeing old films is really nostalgic. Technically, they may be poor comparing to new films. Yet, they stay live in our hearts for a long time. Yes, it's true, I still remember movies which I have seen when I was 7 or 8. But forget movies which I saw last week.
Earlier, films we see in a month or year comes in our finger count.........that's not the case now. That makes much difference.

Meera sandhu
Actually mostly movies are meant for people who go to watch them that way. Remember the era when they made some different movies and ran them in empty halls. Very few movies with a theme or, which come in art category have takers.

Surprisingly there are still people wanting to watch old films..Beginning of this year , we had a local film festival in honor of Shammi Kapoor and Dev Anand and 14 films were shown of the two actors on seven days for 3 shows each day.And the 2 halls were packed for every single show, even during week days since the shows were in the evenings only...

I can still remember movies of 50s to mid seventies I watched them and would love to watch them any day compared to most movies of current period. I can not remember a single song these days but I can recall almost all, which I heard years back. The words and music were different.

The same goes here sunil, I have sat up late just to watch a black and white g film of the fifties because I feel that with all the melodrama , they were still classy ! Watching Madhubala, Meena Kumari,Vyjayantimala gives you a different experience altogether ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Seeing old films is really nostalgic. Technically, they may be poor comparing to new films. Yet, they stay live in our hearts for a long time. Yes, it's true, I still remember movies which I have seen when I was 7 or 8. But forget movies which I saw last week.
Earlier, films we see in a month or year comes in our finger count.........that's not the case now. That makes much difference.

If I am not watching movies in theater today I am not feeling as if I missed any thing barring a selected few , even those selected few I watch them on TV or VCD cause they call it a diamond jubilee a film runs for a few weeks. Previously it used to be 25,50, 75 and 100 weeks and some films ran for years in the same theaters. Now the scenario is totally changed. A movie completing a whole week is a big hit.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Actually mostly movies are meant for people who go to watch them that way. Remember the era when they made some different movies and ran them in empty halls. Very few movies with a theme or, which come in art category have takers.

Surprisingly there are still people wanting to watch old films..Beginning of this year , we had a local film festival in honor of Shammi Kapoor and Dev Anand and 14 films were shown of the two actors on seven days for 3 shows each day.And the 2 halls were packed for every single show, even during week days since the shows were in the evenings only...

I can still remember movies of 50s to mid seventies I watched them and would love to watch them any day compared to most movies of current period. I can not remember a single song these days but I can recall almost all, which I heard years back. The words and music were different.

The same goes here sunil, I have sat up late just to watch a black and white g film of the fifties because I feel that with all the melodrama , they were still classy ! Watching Madhubala, Meena Kumari,Vyjayantimala gives you a different experience altogether ...

To be very frank I am not that interested in movies and cricket any more because the real movies I watch is while I get a chance to video chat with my relatives especially with my daughter. :) :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

But don't you guys think that Cinema is evolving fast. So many creative concepts are coming these days. I know old movies were good but i don't think all use to be very good. Why they use to be running for so many weeks because less sources of entertainment were there.

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Am loving today's Cinema , no matter what language it is , but some really great pieces of Cinema are being created.

But don't you guys think that Cinema is evolving fast. So many creative concepts are coming these days. I know old movies were good but i don't think all use to be very good. Why they use to be running for so many weeks because less sources of entertainment were there.

Technically , Cinema has evolved a lot and now we are at par with the world cinema.However, Indian audience esp the small town and rural audience who form the bulk of the movie goers , have been fed with a certain type cast formula and prefer the same kind of films even now ...The good films that come once in a while, are largely meant for the more educated city audience !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Technically , Cinema has evolved a lot and now we are at par with the world cinema.However, Indian audience esp the small town and rural audience who form the bulk of the movie goers , have been fed with a certain type cast formula and prefer the same kind of films even now ...The good films that come once in a while, are largely meant for the more educated city audience !

That's quite true, but with the advent of Cinema , people are also changing. They are coming out of their domains and are also trying to think differently. Surely i am talking about 1% of entire rural population here. But time will bring it.. and we just have to keep appreciating Good Cinema..

What you feel about the new movies which releases.Are the stories good or new type of cinemas are meaningless?

Now I really hate salman movies....though becoming hits, really waste movies... :angry:

But new directors are coming with fresh themes and experiments. Let us wait for something best!!!!

I like Salmann but never his movies! :angry: Why doesn't he come out of the 100 crore category and do some good quality cinema !? :huh:

Live in the present :)
What you feel about the new movies which releases.Are the stories good or new type of cinemas are meaningless?

Now I really hate salman movies....though becoming hits, really waste movies... :angry:

But new directors are coming with fresh themes and experiments. Let us wait for something best!!!!

I like Salmann but never his movies! :angry: Why doesn't he come out of the 100 crore category and do some good quality cinema !? :huh:

he is not even willing to do experimental films which I hate most :angry: :angry:
All films, he act in the same way :sick:
He is an established actor and people are seeing his films. Then why can't he try something new.

He is very much similar to a Tamil superstar Vijay. Both of them act in the same way. Crores of fans around the world. Both of them are not willing to do any experiments. Most surprising, most of latest Salman's movies are remakes of Vijay movies....
Wanted, Body guard, Ready.........etc etc......

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.