Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is said that man is born free but everywhere he is in chains.
Is this not contradictory. Let us discuss this.

Freedom is elusive in life ! You keep thinking that you will be free after such and such a goal is achieved but it never works that way.Sometimes , we may not want to be free...what else is there in life except relationships and the constant struggle to maintain and cherish them ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Again as they say a child never knows the boundaries of religion or cast and creed therefore whatever is fault is there man made and that too at a later stage, he is not born with chains but binds them round their neck by own self. Religion is like a dead snake round ones own neck.

Best example is marriages......
Only a few cases only, a person marries outside his caste or religion

Just a matter of time, people will forget every thing about cast and religion. Although I have nothing against religion. I only responded to GulshanG's post.

There is nothing wrong with religion as such. what i stress is liberty for free thoughts. We all belong to religious communities which have preconceived or ready method opinion on each issue that you must accept without question.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I feel religion is totally a personal issue of a particular person therefore I would not like to make a comment on this sensitive issue, although I have a lot to say.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I do agree with Gulshanji's views that religion - more specifically organized ones - does put us in shackles! As far as my belief in religion is concerned I prefer to be guided by my own conscience! I have seen the illiberal face of religion!
I think use of the words 'chains' is a metaphor impregnated with great profundity. We are not only in chains by external elements. We are ironically capable of putting more chains internally that too all by ourselves!

I agree! I remember seeing a video of an experiment done on elephants. A baby elephant was caught from the wild and only his one hind leg was kept chained. Being young and free-spirited, he tried and tried to break those chains, but was unable to do, still he persisted. Then slowly as he grew up, he gave up trying because he realized he will never be able to break the chain that bound him. Then one day, when he had totally given up trying, the chains were removed. But the elephant was now so used to being held back by the chains, he never realized that he was free and did not even take a single step towards freedom.

Don't we all resemble him in many aspects?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think use of the words 'chains' is a metaphor impregnated with great profundity. We are not only in chains by external elements. We are ironically capable of putting more chains internally that too all by ourselves!

I agree! I remember seeing a video of an experiment done on elephants. A baby elephant was caught from the wild and only his one hind leg was kept chained. Being young and free-spirited, he tried and tried to break those chains, but was unable to do, still he persisted. Then slowly as he grew up, he gave up trying because he realized he will never be able to break the chain that bound him. Then one day, when he had totally given up trying, the chains were removed. But the elephant was now so used to being held back by the chains, he never realized that he was free and did not even take a single step towards freedom.

But when he goes mad, he break every chains :woohoo: :woohoo:
Can even cause a traffic block for hours........

It's true, like Hanuman, he doesn't know his true power unless he gets mad :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
I do agree with Gulshanji's views that religion - more specifically organized ones - does put us in shackles! As far as my belief in religion is concerned I prefer to be guided by my own conscience! I have seen the illiberal face of religion!

who could know better. You are born in land of Raja Ram Mohan Rai, who is my role model.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

who could no better. You are born in land of Raja Ram Mohan Rai, who is my role model.

Gulshanji, I consider Raja Ram Mohan and Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar to be two great souls who successfully championed the causes of women by displaying very rare courage in the face of all odds and even threat to their lives! There is a tale about what steeled the resolve of young Ram Mohan to rid the society of the barbaric, brutal Sutee system. His very young sister-in-law who was his playmate was married to his elder brother who was much older. And when he died his wife was drugged and dragged to the pyre and burned alive and young Ram Mohan saw that aghast by hiding himself behind a big tree. And thereafter his revolt began!
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Yes it is conditioning of the mind and I remember having read about an experiment done on a hen - its beak is kept pressed to the ground and after doing this several times it refuses to lift its head inspite of not being held down...We do the same ! we get so used to doing things in a certain manner that we tend to resist change even when it is good or positive ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

But when he goes mad, he break every chains :woohoo: :woohoo:
Can even cause a traffic block for hours........

It's true, like Hanuman, he doesn't know his true power unless he gets mad :woohoo: :woohoo:

True Sandhya, a mad elephant can easily break chains but once that momentary madness subsides, he willingly comes back to his post!! In a sense he never realizes he is free!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.