Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have seen a few friends of mine...full time they will be mugging up things. They will vomit even a comma in their answer sheets, no doubt. But will they benefited for long term??? I doubt so. Such things will fade very soon from their memory, sure

Meera sandhu
Mugging up is not a good habit preparing our own writing may helpful and can earn more marks.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I have seen a few friends of mine...full time they will be mugging up things. They will vomit even a comma in their answer sheets, no doubt. But will they benefited for long term??? I doubt so. Such things will fade very soon from their memory, sure

Yeah, I know such people mug up the commas and full stops too. But give them something original and different thing to understand and they will fail!!! In fact what they are doing cannot be called learning.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Due to lack of interest they will mug the things and forget in the exams.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Yeah, I know such people mug up the commas and full stops too. But give them something original and different thing to understand and they will fail!!! In fact what they are doing cannot be called learning.

But I have to agree..they do a lot of hard work to do so :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I feel, if we understand its meaning, we can memorize it easily. It will need only half effort of mugging up. Isn't it?
I am saying it from my experiences. Actually, many students really have conquered the art of mugging up :cheer: :cheer:

If I can't understand something, I will leave that portion or chapter and concentrate on what I can understand. Why to put a lot of effort on things that we can't do. Isn't it???? :cheer: :cheer:

Meera sandhu

But I have to agree..they do a lot of hard work to do so :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I feel, if we understand its meaning, we can memorize it easily. It will need only half effort of mugging up. Isn't it?
I am saying it from my experiences. Actually, many students really have conquered the art of mugging up :cheer: :cheer:

If I can't understand something, I will leave that portion or chapter and concentrate on what I can understand. Why to put a lot of effort on things that we can't do. Isn't it???? :cheer: :cheer:

True that it does involve some hard work to memorize it all, but is a single thought given to whether it is really a long-term learning or understand the concept??? So instead of taking efforts to understand, why are those diverted to not understand and simply memorize that we will forget it all the moment exams are over?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

True that it does involve some hard work to memorize it all, but is a single thought given to whether it is really a long-term learning or understand the concept??? So instead of taking efforts to understand, why are those diverted to not understand and simply memorize that we will forget it all the moment exams are over?

that's the reason why many students struggle after completing their studies. Even after getting above 95% marks in professional subjects, they just follow other people's step and try just to earn 5-6 digit salary. In some case, We may be surprised seeing their academic marks, but when we see them posted in small companies or so, we will think, "What really went wrong?""

Actually, till now, I have seen education/learning to know something new, that I have never learnt before. I never keep targets in mind to earn a high job or high salary. I am learning only for my mental pleasure and to increase my level of self confidence and knowledge

Meera sandhu
hahah, it is really fascinating to see these by-heart people attempting exams. If the question is twisted or of a comma is emitted, they panic in the hall itself and then they resort to easier means: copying.

In my school and college before one hour of the examination, i would gather these 'by-heart' friends and make them understand the whole subject by giving them points.

I feel very happy when my friends come out with pasing marks. There is one such friend by name Roy,He consistently failed in all exams and when it came to finals, i coached him just 2 hours before exam. When the result came out, i was overwhelmed that he passed (he got 45/100, usually he would get 20/100,passing marks is 35/100)

Swetha Shenoy
hahah, it is really fascinating to see these by-heart people attempting exams. If the question is twisted or of a comma is emitted, they panic in the hall itself and then they resort to easier means: copying.

In my school and college before one hour of the examination, i would gather these 'by-heart' friends and make them understand the whole subject by giving them points.

I feel very happy when my friends come out with pasing marks. There is one such friend by name Roy,He consistently failed in all exams and when it came to finals, i coached him just 2 hours before exam. When the result came out, i was overwhelmed that he passed (he got 45/100, usually he would get 20/100,passing marks is 35/100)

How is your coaching?
Just by-hearting them or make them understand what they are learning?
Which method?????

Meera sandhu
I would make them understand the topic relating to something they like.

I did the same teaching my students when i was lecturer. Most of my students has businesses and also they had good pocket money. To make them understand the process, i would relate them to something they like.

Swetha Shenoy
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.