Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
for example to explain the economic order quantity , i would relate them to our mothers asking us to buy groceries when the grocery in our home is just about to finish. I would tell them that when sugar quantity is very low in the box, then our mom will tell us to buy sugar.

On other instance, i explained project planning and control on how they perform 'daawat' (yeah, my students were muslims) like how they check the number of people attending, the quantity of food to be prepared, the plates,etc. This enabled me to put an example on what they did so that the concept can be understood well.

Swetha Shenoy
I would make them understand the topic relating to something they like.

I did the same teaching my students when i was lecturer. Most of my students has businesses and also they had good pocket money. To make them understand the process, i would relate them to something they like.

Actually, if I have to by-heart it....for example, some formulas or points to be remembered, I just find its relation with another thing which I use frequently. ..may be similarity in the word too. Very often it works for me in exam halls. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
for example to explain the economic order quantity , i would relate them to our mothers asking us to buy groceries when the grocery in our home is just about to finish. I would tell them that when sugar quantity is very low in the box, then our mom will tell us to buy sugar.

On other instance, i explained project planning and control on how they perform 'daawat' (yeah, my students were muslims) like how they check the number of people attending, the quantity of food to be prepared, the plates,etc. This enabled me to put an example on what they did so that the concept can be understood well.

Nice technic applied.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
If we can't understand what we are learning, it is not going to help us in any way in future, except gaining a few marks more. That's why our Indian educational system is deteriorating.

Meera sandhu
Let me pull this thread up by adding a few points....

It takes only a less time to understand something and keep it ever in memory than bi-hearting. also, just link it with some real life examples. It will help you to understand it better. Also, by this method, we never forget it easily

Meera sandhu
Mostly i don't mug up anything >understanding the things and i will write in my own words like you. But if required i will mug up certain things like poem , equation etc. i don't have any problem.

http://moneyrumors.blogspot.com
Its better first go through the text and then understand it properly and then attempt to write something.It helps to invent new words.Memorize won't work always.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Its better first go through the text and then understand it properly and then attempt to write something.It helps to invent new words.Memorize won't work always.

Cramming or mugging up things is not good at any level its always better to understand the things and make it easier for you to understand it this way you can learn things better. :)
I neither can by-heart or will suggest anyone to do it.. Because though we can make over in exam in real we don't acquire knowledge by doing so.. :)
I neither can by-heart or will suggest anyone to do it.. Because though we can make over in exam in real we don't acquire knowledge by doing so.. :)

Absolutely When I was in 4th standard I mugged up essay of "The Picnic" and I got excellent in it but literally I did not know what I wrote in it. :evil:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.