The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Dowry is a serious crime.Many of my friend marriage took place without dowry.Even my marriage took place without dowry.

Sharmistha Banerjee
But in present generation and days taking dowry has become a fashion, they really with out shy they beg, recently for my friend they demanded 8 lakhs, when my friends family said they cannot, then they said that he is their first child, if they take less then that will effect remaining boys in their family. this is really not fair and 100% begging

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I am not sure but this must be area specific, in our area girls are not available for any one with a dowry demand. Girls are in a far better position than boys. Dowry seekers are getting a good thrashing from the hands of girl's relatives if they do it at the time of marriage. Some gifts are all right but dowry- a firm no.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Punjabi people demand dowry. In most of the cases, girl's parents have to give dowry. Situations are changing, but not changed completely.

Want to make each day Accountable

ronark ji, whats new in this, in every caste and religion and custom or community, girls parents only give dowry and boy parents will demand

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

The times are changing and the young generation is very much against the old age ritual of dowry giving and taking. There are times when some parents want to give their daughter gifts just as a token of love and that I consider is fine.

Live in the present :)
I am not sure but this must be area specific, in our area girls are not available for any one with a dowry demand. Girls are in a far better position than boys. Dowry seekers are getting a good thrashing from the hands of girl's relatives if they do it at the time of marriage. Some gifts are all right but dowry- a firm no.

Even in our area dowry system is not practiced. Of course the bride takes many gifts along with her at the time of marriage but the groom's family does not demand anything. It is of her free will and according to the capacity of her family.
Dowry is wedding gift. Both bride and groom's family give dowry to each other. It is blessing on behalf of the family member's to their children for starting a new life. This is the traditional meaning of dowry.
Some mean minded people has changed this meaning and made dowry a big evil factor which ruins life. Marriage be it love or arranged, dowry comes forth. The more you give, more they demand from the bride's family. In some cases, groom's family is forced to give dowry to the bride's family.
We all know the bad consequences of such practices in India. There is nothing more to add regarding this. I am happy to see that general and social awarness is being spread through media by TV shows and daily soaps. It is badly necessary.
Dowry system are still found in our country.Marriage is a ritual ceremony and dowry system destroy many families.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Though it is against the law to ask dowry from girl's parents though people take it lightly and demands in some other way. People these days don't ask for hard cash though they demand for a 4 wheeler or anything else which they like. Recently one of my neighbor's daughter got married who spent around 20 Lacs in the marriage and most of the money he spent in Gold jwellery and I10 car but still the girl is not happy at her in laws house and she never get affection from her in laws.I really wonder after giving so much of dowry her in laws still want them to give more money though they never demanded it. : :blink:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.