Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We don't celebrate Holi in Kerala :(
But I really want to celebrate this festival of colours :)

but why? any specific reason for not celebrating the festival in your place?

Actually...I don't know. :S

The only reason is that in south Holi is not celebrated, this is mostly celebrated in rest of the states with exception of some parts of Andhra.

ok i was not aware of this :blink:
My husband studied PG in Thirupathi. That's why I know about this. He celebrates it with his friends at college days.

Meera sandhu
i use to celebrate Holi earlier now i dont play Holi

why not now??

Vinu
Holi is major festival in Mathura Vrindavan and around known as Brij. This festival is celebrated for about a month. There is famous Lath Mar Holi, particularly in Nand gaon (Lord Krishna's village) and Barsana (Radha's village). The boys are called 'Huriyara' and girls 'Gopi'. lath mar Holi is organized on different dates in nand gaon and Barsana. People from far and wide gather to see this occasion. The 'Gopis' beat the 'Huriyaras' with sticks or Lathis. The 'Huriyaras' protect themselves with shields and heavy head dress. Similar Holi is celebrated at 'Dauji' but the 'Gopis' use whips made of torn clothes and wooden pieces instead. This is called 'Dauji ka Huranga'. In Vrindavan, the devotees hurl 'laddus' (sweet balls) on one another. Tomorrow, there will be wood burning (Holika Dahan) and next day, will be Holi main, viz. Holi of colors.

Let me add graphic presentation of Holi in Brij area:

http://www.in.com/news/current-affairs/in-pics-devotees-indulge-in-lathmar-holi-22460767-in-101580.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

why not now??

actually my skin is very sensitive so i avoid playing. i prefer only a teeka with gulal on forehead :)

why not now??

actually my skin is very sensitive so i avoid playing. i prefer only a teeka with gulal on forehead :)

Same, I do not allow any thing more than that. No wet colors for me.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I too don't play HOLI now.I play only when someone comes to my house to play otherwise i don't like to get colored and then sit for hours in bathroom to get rid of those colors. :)
I too don't play HOLI now.I play only when someone comes to my house to play otherwise i don't like to get colored and then sit for hours in bathroom to get rid of those colors. :)

definetly one should avoid using harsh colors that causes harm to skin & eyes its dangerous to use permanent colors which cant be easily removed by simple washing with water.
Also, colours are of different types...use them, which suits your skin most :)

Meera sandhu
First all all Happy Holy to all members of this community and every festival is awesome if taken in essence of joy as Holi the color of festival but here people use to drink and drive and use unwanted type of colors which harm skin I do not like such things.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.