Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
As i have promised Sasi, I am uploading some of the pictures on 'pooram' day of Thechikkottukavu Bhagavathi temple.I was late. So I couldn't get all photos.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 5416]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 5417]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 5418]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 5419]}
pooram5.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)
pooram6.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)
pooram7.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)
kuttiyankavu.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
Some more...
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 5420]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 5421]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 5422]}
One photo of Kuttiyankavu pooram (Not taken by me)

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 5423]}
untitled1.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
Yet again I was late the next day for 'Vela pooram'
Sorry friends......I am repeatedly posting....
Tomorrow I am on leave. So........

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 5424]}

Meera sandhu
Sandhya nice picture submitted but write few words about the festival to know.
untitled2.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
I am new to this place. I am behind one of my neighbours, because I want to write an article on it. I will submit very soon. Now enjoy the celebration with some colourful ones.
You can see my daughter in the photo

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 5426]}

Meera sandhu
Your daughter are shaking her hand with goddess.Are they live ? I think so.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
All pictures are very nice:) thanks for sharing. Your daughter is looking nice:) (she is shaking his hand with goddess correct?). Also, PLS let us some thing about the festival.

Vinu
Yes, it's my daughter, of course. She was really astonished to see such people dressed in this way. Whole day, she was asking me, when they are sitting on lap, how are they walking, because you can see 4 legs :woohoo:
About the festival...it is actually 10 days festival. Last 2 days....you can see through photos. Thrissur district is famous of large number of elephants at festival. But it is also dangerous.Yesterday, near my husband's office, a mad male elephant killed 2 people, 20 persons injured and destructed many vehicles in 2 hours, causing a traffic block itself.
Now let me say a few words about festival.
Only one among the elephants get the oppurtunity to carry 'Thidambu', the diety. All other males accompany him from both sides. It is accompanied by panchavadyam-5 instruments. All elephants will be decorated by 'Nettipattom' on their face and most spectacular view is 'Kudamaattam'- Changing umbrellas.
Next day, is Velapooram, 25-35 plots from various streets around. They reach temple in the afternoon one after the other, dances and makes Goddess happy. You can see some of them in picture.
Now let me say a few words about 'Pooram of Poorams'- Thrissur pooram held at
Vadakkunnatha temple ground on Pooram day in the month of April-May. It is the most famous siva temple of Kerala. Here more than 100 decorated elephants will be there, standing opposite as two rows facing each other, at the extreme ends of ground. People will be gathered in between them. It is also accompanied by Panchavadya. These two groups represent two temples- Paramekkavu Bhagavathy(devi) temple and Thiruvambady Krishna temple. ie. Competition is between these two temples. The most spectacular view is of course Changing colourful and variety umbrellas, more than 50.
Each group makes umbrellas, secretly as it is competition. When one group shows one type of umbrella, the other group has to show similar one. Otherwise that group fail. Thus the show goon.....Last item is of course, fireworks.

Meera sandhu
Yes, it's my daughter, of course. She was really astonished to see such people dressed in this way. Whole day, she was asking me, when they are sitting on lap, how are they walking, because you can see 4 legs :woohoo:
About the festival...it is actually 10 days festival. Last 2 days....you can see through photos. Thrissur district is famous of large number of elephants at festival. But it is also dangerous.Yesterday, near my husband's office, a mad male elephant killed 2 people, 20 persons injured and destructed many vehicles in 2 hours, causing a traffic block itself.
Now let me say a few words about festival.
Only one among the elephants get the oppurtunity to carry 'Thidambu', the diety. All other males accompany him from both sides. It is accompanied by panchavadyam-5 instruments. All elephants will be decorated by 'Nettipattom' on their face and most spectacular view is 'Kudamaattam'- Changing umbrellas.
Next day, is Velapooram, 25-35 plots from various streets around. They reach temple in the afternoon one after the other, dances and makes Goddess happy. You can see some of them in picture.
Now let me say a few words about 'Pooram of Poorams'- Thrissur pooram held at
Vadakkunnatha temple ground on Pooram day in the month of April-May. It is the most famous siva temple of Kerala. Here more than 100 decorated elephants will be there, standing opposite as two rows facing each other, at the extreme ends of ground. People will be gathered in between them. It is also accompanied by Panchavadya. These two groups represent two temples- Paramekkavu Bhagavathy(devi) temple and Thiruvambady Krishna temple. ie. Competition is between these two temples. The most spectacular view is of course Changing colourful and variety umbrellas, more than 50.
Each group makes umbrellas, secretly as it is competition. When one group shows one type of umbrella, the other group has to show similar one. Otherwise that group fail. Thus the show goon.....Last item is of course, fireworks.

I did not notice rather I was not aware about your daughter shaking hands with one of the person in make up of a goddess. The same processions take place in our areas also and people feel honored doing the same. Lovely daughter that you have there.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.