Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is a two way traffic where both the customers and banks benefit.. Banks provide us security and an opportunity to invest and earn. Nowadays using your debit card earns you payback points and one can utilise these points anywhere while buying things or booking air tickets etc etc...Throough ICICI Bank I already got Rs1000 airmiles that I can redeem anytime I travel and also many gadgets ...You need to be aware of all the facilities and opportunities available to you so that you dont miss out on what is due to you ..

True.. The fact about Payback points is new to me. This way customers like me may lose such advantages. Hence it's essential to know all the features and facilities of the Bank through proper channel. I have seen through customer relations Managers of HDFC doing yeomen service i this regard. But one should approach the right person.

Payback points is not a new concept, even I have used it to avail off on flight tickets..payback points can be earned by customers when they do online transaction.

OK, IT MAY NOT BE A NEW CONCEPT. For me it's a new concept . Because I never bothered to know about this feature. And there are many like me. For them this link article helps.

Certainly, there are other points in this article about which am not aware or many may not be aware for example, "Usually, there are better options than just getting an ATM card blocked if you ask for it."..all I knew that we have to block the card and issue a new one. However, I will now have to ask or google what are the other measures in case of theft/ loss of debit card.

Many seasoned customers who were having relations with Banking are not aware of the many features of the Bank. One will not be a loser if he asks and knows about things.

Asking questions never makes any one a loser..it only increases our knowledge and makes us wise.

By Asking we are the beneficiaries. Otherwise we will be lrn in the darkness forever.

Yes..there are lot of new schemes that we are not aware of..so we should also visit the bank website to get information...followed by talking to customer care executives for further clarification.

There are some Banks who have their In house Bulletens. Just subscribe to them and you will be getting latest information about all aspects of the Bank.

Ok will do. Another concept about which I recently came to know about is transferring money to someone who does not have any bank account or whose bank account number is not known to you. Such people can still withdraw money from any ATM just using a pin they receive in their cell phone..which the person or the depositor needs to share.

This is new to me. It means different Banks have different provisions, which can be known after contacting the Bank authorities.

Yes, i think ICICI bank and Axis bank offers this facility...i not sure about other banks..though. I found it very helpful..

May be. As I said each Bank has its own set of provisions. What ICICI offers and provisions offered by another Bank may be different.

Yes, you are correct different banks have different provisions..may be these provisions are offered by other banks too, but the term they use is different of which we may not be aware.

HDFC 'S Customer relations managers very patiently answer all your questions while explaining the differences between the offers Of HDFC and other Banks.

It depends on a person..not really on the bank..whether they willfully and patiently explain things to the customers or not.

The Bank is obliged to reveal the different features of the Bank to the customer. May be through different ways. Yes, Different ways of detailing the customers. Some banks use Brochures aBout it's fefeatures and facilities.
The best way of getting to know everything that is happening in the finacial world is by having an online account.Once you have the option of e statements and online facility, you keep getting mails which give you all relevant details...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes, having an online account does really help, estatements, any new features, all such information can be obtained through newsletters and online banking.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

The best way of getting to know everything that is happening in the finacial world is by having an online account.Once you have the option of e statements and online facility, you keep getting mails which give you all relevant details...

This job is done by my Bank. It has a House journal with letters to the editor. It intimates all the new features and replies to your queries immediately. It costs Rs, 5 per month. This facility is there in some corporate hospitals also. they keep you updated with the latest news.

This job is done by my Bank. It has a House journal with letters to the editor. It intimates all the new features and replies to your queries immediately. It costs Rs, 5 per month. This facility is there in some corporate hospitals also. they keep you updated with the latest news.

None of the banks that I am using ( ICICI, SBI and OBC ) charge any money for this facility, it is absolutely free..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

None of the banks that I am using ( ICICI, SBI and OBC ) charge any money for this facility, it is absolutely free..

Anyhow, the important thing is current information will be delivered to you at your doorstep with a regularity.
It is also a fact that Bank statements and account details can be used as identity proof in many places.The only hitch is that it should be a nationalised bank, SBI rates the highest followed by Bank of Baroda and other banks ....

It is also a fact that Bank statements and account details can be used as identity proof in many places.The only hitch is that it should be a nationalised bank, SBI rates the highest followed by Bank of Baroda and other banks ....

I did not use the Bank account as my identity proof because my bank was Nationalized. Earlier I was an SBI customer. There I was not satisfied with their customer relations. They take much time to cash my cheque even it's a local cheque.

I did not use the Bank account as my identity proof because my bank was Nationalized. Earlier I was an SBI customer. There I was not satisfied with their customer relations. They take much time to cash my cheque even it's a local cheque.

I agree that SBI and other nationalised banks provide pathetic customer service but being part of government , having an account with them helps in giving us an easy identity proof while applying for anything ..

I agree that SBI and other nationalised banks provide pathetic customer service but being part of government , having an account with them helps in giving us an easy identity proof while applying for anything ..

Of course, I agree with you. I use other documents like PAN card, ration card and Aadhar for my identity proof.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.