Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Swetha, I can only say ha ha ha ha ha! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Actually, this problem is not just in Tamil Nadu but across the whole country. especially when we have to travel long distances in buses or cars, the problem becomes more pronounced. there is severe lack of clean and good toilets because of which people are resorted to going into fields and thick growths of vegetation for privacy. This is dangerous as there is a risk of catching infections through soils etc.

Jairam, instead of making silly statements like that should instead focus on building more efficient and clean toilets for everyone across country and also ensure there is manpower to oversee their maintenance.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Friends toilets are necessary but it should be clean and hygenic. I am happy to read about the developing mind of tribal women in India.
well friends, since i have been working in water environment industry , i have come to realize a few facts-

1. Water for people in village is used mainly for agriculture,cooking,drinking
2. People donot consider sanitation as a part of better living because they feel they cannot afford. example they dont use soap because it is costly
3. There are hardly any organisation or people who teach them importance of sanitation and good hygiene.
4. No women wants to know about hygiene or sanitation because they travel nearly 3 hours to gather water/firewood/ work in farm for livelihood.
5. they prefer to spend money on medicines rather than taking precaution to better life. That is why many diseases related to water are present in villages.

making a toilet is like waste of time and money for the villages. moreover there is no source of water to flush the toilet.

Swetha Shenoy
Fortunately I hail from an area where there is no paucity of water still some backward people prefer it to go to fields for their natural calls. May be they find it more natural and morning walk combined together. :cheer:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

One NGO awarded that woman with Rs 5 lakh and her husband is proud of her.At first there was no toilet in that village and now all are applying to panchayet for toilet.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Woh! Ram Prosad this is good to read that she has been awarded for this. Most of the villagers are protesting for toilets.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.