Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I just read the details of the news in the paper and saw that some boys had done a thing on purpose - to shout that the bridge was collpasing. They did this so that they could reach the temple faster. When I heard that there was a rumor about the bridge breaking down I thought that this was a cruel play by someone and then read about the boys.

There are other rumors afloat, that the police resorted to lathi charge and due to this the stampede took place. Anyhow, one should not visit a temple, where there are inadequate facilities. Better either postpone or avoid. after all " Jaan Hai To Jahan Hai."

At such times, there are more rumors than news. Anyone can say anything and it either becomes news or becomes rumors, the possibility of the later being more. I too think people should avoid visiting temples during such period. How calmly can one take 'darshana' in such a huge crowd where there are hundreds of thousands of people.

Miscreants and anti social elements resort to such activities. This happens in some temples where there are always long serpentine queues. They spread the rumors suddenly that there is a snake in the queue line. In the chaos and confusion that follows, the miscreants occupy the forward places in the queue only to sell those places to the other waiting devotees.

I have heard of such things before. How shameful it is to act in this way just to get in the queue faster and earlier. There are many people in various places who resort to such inhumane things. :evil: :evil:

Now the latest news is that the CM of MP ordered for the suspension of the police in charge and other personnel related with the mishap.
There have been many cases of stampede in temples. Latest is in M.P. Naturally, there is limit to space in temples but there is no regulation of traffic and crowd with consequential disasters. I wonder when people, devotees and authorities rise to occasion.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/MP-temple-stampede-Over-70-dead-including-women-and-children/articleshow/24093310.cms

It is very common in India, indeed people have not self discipline.
I just read the details of the news in the paper and saw that some boys had done a thing on purpose - to shout that the bridge was collpasing. They did this so that they could reach the temple faster. When I heard that there was a rumor about the bridge breaking down I thought that this was a cruel play by someone and then read about the boys.

There are other rumors afloat, that the police resorted to lathi charge and due to this the stampede took place. Anyhow, one should not visit a temple, where there are inadequate facilities. Better either postpone or avoid. after all " Jaan Hai To Jahan Hai."

At such times, there are more rumors than news. Anyone can say anything and it either becomes news or becomes rumors, the possibility of the later being more. I too think people should avoid visiting temples during such period. How calmly can one take 'darshana' in such a huge crowd where there are hundreds of thousands of people.

Miscreants and anti social elements resort to such activities. This happens in some temples where there are always long serpentine queues. They spread the rumors suddenly that there is a snake in the queue line. In the chaos and confusion that follows, the miscreants occupy the forward places in the queue only to sell those places to the other waiting devotees.

I have heard of such things before. How shameful it is to act in this way just to get in the queue faster and earlier. There are many people in various places who resort to such inhumane things. :evil: :evil:

Now the latest news is that the CM of MP ordered for the suspension of the police in charge and other personnel related with the mishap.

That is a practice to divert the attention for the time being. No Government can do a thing when big gatherings do not follow rules or do not take self care. We gather in such a big number that is simply unmanageable. And why should government interfere in religious beliefs of any one? If they did chose to go to harm's way on their own, it's their choice.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

In that case, the CM should also go. After all, he is the head of the family (the state). He is also directly responsible for such things taking place in his state. I heard in the news that there were only around 6 constables and one sub-insptector to 'control' the crowd of hundreds of people. How practical is that? I think even the temple authorities should get involved in crowd controlling.

That is a practice to divert the attention for the time being. No Government can do a thing when big gatherings do not follow rules or do not take self care. We gather in such a big number that is simply unmanageable. And why should government interfere in religious beliefs of any one? If they did chose to go to harm's way on their own, it's their choice.

In Tirupati everyday people more than the Ratangarh incident stand in queue. But no mishaps. Why ? Its the TTD and endowments ministry of AP's collective efforts. So its a wrong belief that no government can control the crowds. With a good coordination between the governments and the NDRF groups yesterday we controlled the fury of nature, What is a small thing like crowd controlling ? Where there is will there is a way.

In Tirupati everyday people more than the Ratangarh incident stand in queue. But no mishaps. Why ? Its the TTD and endowments ministry of AP's collective efforts. So its a wrong belief that no government can control the crowds. With a good coordination between the governments and the NDRF groups yesterday we controlled the fury of nature, What is a small thing like crowd controlling ? Where there is will there is a way.

But why should government interfere with religious matter in a secular country?

Government does not interfere with religious matters as such. But religious functions have also administrative issues and law and order problems. Govt. needs to provide security and civic amenities even at those places. But govt. have no role in actual performance of rituals.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu

Government does not interfere with religious matters as such. But religious functions have also administrative issues and law and order problems. Govt. needs to provide security and civic amenities even at those places. But govt. have no role in actual performance of rituals.

Yes. I agree with you. Where is the question of government's interference in religion. ? I didn't see any interference here. It's the duty of the administration to check of the safety measures are adequate or not. If not, it's a clear dereliction of duty. Owing to this reason, the collector and the SP of that area were suspended.

Yes. I agree with you. Where is the question of government's interference in religion. ? I didn't see any interference here. It's the duty of the administration to check of the safety measures are adequate or not. If not, it's a clear dereliction of duty. Owing to this reason, the collector and the SP of that area were suspended.

In that case, we shall have to accept that the government is right when they enter into religious places to flush terrorists out. Why double standards then? Why is it taken for interference, in place of government's duty to safeguard citizen's right? Why is then army blamed for atrocities when they were only trying to save innocent citizens from wrong doers?

It is sad to hear the way it happened, just because of a rumor of the bridge collapsing which later turned out not to be true ! As it always happens womn and children are the major casualities. In the same place near the bridge apparently in 2006 there was another tragedy when pilgrims were washed away..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10862]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.