Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]I think it's an one-off act and formed very exceptional reaction of an angry young man and should not be considered as representative behaviour. In fact our people have been far too tolerant than they should have been! [/quote]

The levels of tolerance of common people have been stretched too far! The kind of anarchy, lawlessness and corruption everyone is having to face is just too much. If this kind of situation persists, there are going to be more such incidents!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]I think it's an one-off act and formed very exceptional reaction of an angry young man and should not be considered as representative behaviour. In fact our people have been far too tolerant than they should have been!

The levels of tolerance of common people have been stretched too far! The kind of anarchy, lawlessness and corruption everyone is having to face is just too much. If this kind of situation persists, there are going to be more such incidents![/quote]

even if such situation persists.slapping a representative of people should not be acceptezble.india is a democratic country and democracy decides the fate of the government.we should never allow anarchy to replace democracy in india.it wont be for the good.
Some of our so-called representatives of the people must do some soul-searching as to why things have reached to such a dangerous point!!
[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
I think it's an one-off act and formed very exceptional reaction of an angry young man and should not be considered as representative behaviour. In fact our people have been far too tolerant than they should have been!

The levels of tolerance of common people have been stretched too far! The kind of anarchy, lawlessness and corruption everyone is having to face is just too much. If this kind of situation persists, there are going to be more such incidents!

even if such situation persists.slapping a representative of people should not be acceptezble.india is a democratic country and democracy decides the fate of the government.we should never allow anarchy to replace democracy in india.it wont be for the good. [/quote]

Agreed! but that is relevant only in the normal scenario. Now, when every day the prices of basic food commodities are so high, and there are talks in government regarding production of wine from food grains, is it possible to retain any degree of sanity?? And the ridiculous thing is that this decision is being made to save grains form getting spoiled!! :angry: I mean, can't they just build more numbers of proper graneries?

Our kind of democracy has proved completely useless! :)

[quote]Some of our so-called representatives of the people must do some soul-searching as to why things have reached to such a dangerous point!! [/quote]

The minister in question earns Re. 1 for each bottle of beer and wine that is sold in Maharashtra (or it is India, not sure)! And the poor fellow who slapped him is being tagged as being a psychiatric patient! So much for our rationalism! :(

What kind of democracy we are taking about? A Lokpal Bill could not be passed in six decdaes which existed several centuries back in Europe, may be in different names!
[quote]What kind of democracy we are taking about? A Lokpal Bill could not be passed in six decdaes which existed several centuries back in Europe, may be in different names! [/quote]

Yes, that is why I call it a useless democracy, which is actually an autocracy run by the Gandhi family! :angry:

Throwing chappals and slapping is not lawful.I can not support this type of democracy.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Like business cartels, political parties too have formed a kind of that - each taking care of other's interest marginalising the common people of India!
Like business cartels, political parties too have formed a kind of that - each taking care of other's interest marginalising the common people of India!

I agree. However the major cause for this is reluctance of honest and efficient people to join political parties. Another reason is lack of internal democracy in these parties. solution lies in more people joining politics via political parties with a view to democratize and mobilize these for people. If we remain aloof from active politics, there is no point in blaming the existing active politicians for sorry state of affairs. Even anna team stalwarts like Kiran Bedi and Kejriwal are reluctant to enter politics directly. It makes no sense to shout from a distance without entering politics via political parties. You cannot clean a house without entering. similarly with politics.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.