Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Rajani

You are right as I heard only the other day an eminent scientist lamenting that our best talents are moving away from core science careers.
That's right Chinmoy! Similar on the lines of the Presidency College, University of Pune, once an elite institute in the Asia is now suffering miserably because of casteist tendencies of the ex-Vice Chancellor!!! It is a very unfortunate situation that this person, a well known economist of India kept away really intelligent, inspirinng and deserving candidates from getting jobs at the university only becuase they belonged to higher castes while he himself belongs to lower caste!! Now the consequences are that the university is being run by a bunch of fools who are ignorant of even administrative skills, forget about teaching skills.

Nagalakshmi wrote:
[quote]I have a news from CNN IBNN that Facing a massive shortage of well-qualified teachers, the prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) have mooted a proposal for hiring foreign nationals as permanent faculty members.[/quote]
It would be a good move to get good teachers from outside in such circumstances!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

While talented teachers are moving away elesewhere we are thinking of hiring from foreign sources.What a paradox!!
Chinmoy, isn't everything in India about paradoxes?? While food grains and basic stuff are expensive, mobile phones and connections are cheaper!

Real and good talent does get its true worth here, nor the respect the talented deserve. Here, he who has the loudest voice and heaviest pockets get the respect and recognition! So the good people will move away elsewhere!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Very well said Kalyani! It's a land full of paradoxes and we are living with them!
This was a inevitable step looking at the shortfall of experienced faculty at iits.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.