Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Remember the question I had asked about my rose long back?

I just changed the place I had kept it in, I shifted the pot to another side of my balcony where the afternoon sun does not come, sprayed it with a strong Neem and turmeric decoction and pruned it rather deeply. I did this a month ago and yesterday, the first rose fro this season bloomed! See for yourself the results I got! I feel rather pleased and proud of myself!!! :) :) :)

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10485]}

Beautiful, you like rose to much here is link to view some beautiful picture of roses.
http://www.national-gw.com/2013/02/gorgeous-roses-meaning-of-rose-colors.html
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Yes Usha the weather in Pune is really good for growing not just roses but many other flowers as well! Actually I regularly pruned it lightly after each flush was gone, and deeply once a year, and also regular feedings. Yet there was some problem, the buds kept appearing and just drying off for no reason. Now after changing place I realized that the afternoon sun was playing spoilsport!

A couple of years ago, I had very beautiful red carnations growing in a pretty small pot! I wanted to continue growing but could not get a seedling anywhere!

Carnations are beautiful flowers and I too like them a lot Kalyani :) , the smaller variety is easier to grow, there is a place in Bangalore from where you can buy seedlings...am not sure if they send it by courier though,http://www.blrplantsfirst.com/carnation.php

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10487]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Wow lovely flowers Usha! They look exactly like I had! Here's a photo of carnations I had!

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10489]}

Thanks for the link, will check it out!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
Wow lovely flowers Usha! They look exactly like I had! Here's a photo of carnations I had!

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10489]}

Thanks for the link, will check it out!!

Lovely flowers kalayani and the plants look so lush and healthy ....We cannot grow many of these flowers here except hibiscus , jasmine,marigold,coassandra and such local varieties - of course even they look beautiful when they bloom ! :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Remember the question I had asked about my rose long back?

I just changed the place I had kept it in, I shifted the pot to another side of my balcony where the afternoon sun does not come, sprayed it with a strong Neem and turmeric decoction and pruned it rather deeply. I did this a month ago and yesterday, the first rose fro this season bloomed! See for yourself the results I got! I feel rather pleased and proud of myself!!! :) :) :)

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10485]}

Cute rose i liked it very much. So changing of place gave a new life to your rose mam.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Thanks Usha! That's quite a limited list of flowers you can grow in Mangalore! How about bulbs? Can you grow them well or the saw water and humidity affects them too?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.