Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think students need to be taught yoga, meditation and moral science more than martial arts. This is because more and more students are becoming violent these days and engaging in juvenile crime. It is not uncommon to hear about school students killing each other. :S

You have a point. Actually students must be taught discipline and reasons behind learning such techniques. If a child is found to be violent enough to injure others, he must not be taught martial arts. Such rules are followed in Shaoline Temple. Monks verify the student's mentality and then teach them Kung Fu.
Martial art is a stubject which students should respect and learn like other subjects. It is not an instrument to injure and kill others for pleasure and fun.

Violent or aggressive students should better opt for yoga and meditation.

Friends, meditation and defensive techniques is a good combination for the fighters.
I think students need to be taught yoga, meditation and moral science more than martial arts. This is because more and more students are becoming violent these days and engaging in juvenile crime. It is not uncommon to hear about school students killing each other. :S

You have a point. Actually students must be taught discipline and reasons behind learning such techniques. If a child is found to be violent enough to injure others, he must not be taught martial arts. Such rules are followed in Shaoline Temple. Monks verify the student's mentality and then teach them Kung Fu.
Martial art is a stubject which students should respect and learn like other subjects. It is not an instrument to injure and kill others for pleasure and fun.

Friends, meditation and defensive techniques is a good combination for the fighters.

Yups Devyani.. both are needed for balancing. I think the thread has served it purpose and we have come to a nice conclusion. Good Productive discussion. :) :)

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

Yups Devyani.. both are needed for balancing. I think the thread has served it purpose and we have come to a nice conclusion. Good Productive discussion. :) :)

Yes,the discussion is both good and productive. I am happy for posting this thread.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Yes.. it will help people to protect their self. So yes it should be part of school. Right now I don't think here any school having that option.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Most of the school do not have this option which is a necessary one. That made me posting this thread.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
One of the most important exercise benefits associated with martial arts is an improvement in cardiovascular health.Children should learn this art.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Yes.. it will help people to protect their self. So yes it should be part of school. Right now I don't think here any school having that option.

In our place there there are few schools which have martial arts as an optional subject. A student can choose either martial art or dance drama. But in almost all the schools moral education is a compulsory subject up to standard VIII and in some schools it is even taught at class X level.

By the way, I would also like to clarify something. Some members were saying that learning kangfu by aggressive students can be a problematic. But from what I have noticed in children learning martial arts, it actually help them to control their aggressiveness. Martial art is more about learning discipline than about using physical force to harm others.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

In our place there there are few schools which have martial arts as an optional subject. A student can choose either martial art or dance drama. But in almost all the schools moral education is a compulsory subject up to standard VIII and in some schools it is even taught at class X level.

By the way, I would also like to clarify something. Some members were saying that learning kangfu by aggressive students can be a problematic. But from what I have noticed in children learning martial arts, it actually help them to control their aggressiveness. Martial art is more about learning discipline than about using physical force to harm others.

I completely agree with those views , what was expressed by members is without any base nor first hand knowledge...In fact , all such disciplines need a lot of dedication and effort which automatically makes an individual mentally alert and also sensitive , far from being an aggressive person ready to explode..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I feel Marshal arts are important to the children. they should learn from their childhood. So that they can protect themselves and they can protect others. Especially girls should learn marshal arts as they need to protect themselves.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I don't think so in school kids to be taught simple ways for self defense only and for that one don't need to be master in martial arts simple things are sufficient. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.