Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Of the novelists of the distant land,I would admire Tolstoy,Maxim Gorky,Washington Irving and so on! Amongst the Indian writers in English R.K.Narayan, Ruskin Bond, Mulk Raj Anand are among the many to mention!
Once i read book called you can win, In that i read story about positive attitude. I forgot the author let you know later.

in story, a boy went to a parlor and the boy asked the cost of big cone cone ice cream, the waitress said 75rs and the boy asked small cone ice cream cost waitress said 55rs. then the boy ordered small cone ice cream, then the waitress told in her mind, why such people come and waste their time by asking costs. Later the she served him 55 rs cone ice cream cone. The boy had it and when away, while cleaning the table waitress found 25rs as tip. So this is how we should think about others.If the boy want he can have 75 rs cone, but he thought about the waitress and he gave 25rs tips for her. but the waitress spoke and thought about boy very negatively.

I was really impressed by this story and started thinking about others and poor

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

The author name is SHIV KHERA yes this book is for building postitive attitude.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Of the novelists of the distant land,I would admire Tolstoy,Maxim Gorky,Washington Irving and so on! Amongst the Indian writers in English R.K.Narayan, Ruskin Bond, Mulk Raj Anand are among the many to mention!

Excellent selection ! I too like reading R.K.narayan . Mulk raj Ananad and Ruskin Bond.I like Ruskin Bonds style of writing ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Excellent selection ! I too like reading R.K.narayan . Mulk raj Ananad and Ruskin Bond.I like Ruskin Bonds style of writing ..

R. K. Narayan and Ruskin Bond are my favorites too! Apart from them, my favorites are AMrita Pritam, John Grisham, Jeffrey Archer, Alistair Maclean, Ayn Rand, Pearl S. Buck, Daphne du Maurier, David Baldacci, Lee Child etc. etc. but the favoritest one is Ayn Rand!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I love to read Fredrick Foresyth myself, I recall his Devil's alternative as soon as I hear/read his name.
I love to read all Indian writers from Prem candra to Ashapurna devi and from Tagore to Sharth chandra. I have so many others in my list either serious or comic. The only writer in light category I read Surendra Mohan Pathak. He is in the same category as Sidney Sheldon or Fredrick.

I too read any book I can lay my hands on.There are many good Indian authors. 'A suitable boy ' written by Vikram Seth is an excellent read, it also won a booker's prize.

I have read a few books of Chetan Bhagat last year although I have yet to read his last book.[/quote]

Personally I feel that Chetan Bhagat is over rated, doesnt have the same kind of impact as so many other Indian writers...but he is popular with the youngsters ..[/quote]

I feel the same about Chetan Bhagat, he is much too overrated to be termed a great author, I think the controversy with 3 Idiots started it off!

Incidentally, do you remember the author of Inscrutable Americans, I really enjoyed that book long ago but can't remember the author, was it Vikram Seth???

Sorry, I just googled and found it was Anurag Mathur!!! :)

I love to read Fredrick Foresyth myself, I recall his Devil's alternative as soon as I hear/read his name.
I love to read all Indian writers from Prem candra to Ashapurna devi and from Tagore to Sharth chandra. I have so many others in my list either serious or comic. The only writer in light category I read Surendra Mohan Pathak. He is in the same category as Sidney Sheldon or Fredrick.

I too read any book I can lay my hands on.There are many good Indian authors. 'A suitable boy ' written by Vikram Seth is an excellent read, it also won a booker's prize.

I have read a few books of Chetan Bhagat last year although I have yet to read his last book.

Personally I feel that Chetan Bhagat is over rated, doesnt have the same kind of impact as so many other Indian writers...but he is popular with the youngsters ..[/quote]

I feel the same about Chetan Bhagat, he is much too overrated to be termed a great author, I think the controversy with 3 Idiots started it off!

Incidentally, do you remember the author of Inscrutable Americans, I really enjoyed that book long ago but can't remember the author, was it Vikram Seth???[/quote]

While I was travelling to my home, I read '2 states' of Chetan Bhagat. It's sure, he has good humour sense, makes us feel enjoying while reading it. But I can't find any serious quote/thinker anywhere :blink:

Meera sandhu

I have read a few books of Chetan Bhagat last year although I have yet to read his last book.

Incidentally, do you remember the author of Inscrutable Americans, I really enjoyed that book long ago but can't remember the author, was it Vikram Seth???[/quote]

Chetan Bhagat became very popular with One night @ the call center, which was at best a mediocre novel.I too have read Inscrutable Americans, and liked it a lot. Have you read The Gin Drinkers written by Sagarika Ghose ( she is on TV), extremely amusing and enjoyable to read.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have read book of Jack Canfied,author of "Chicken soup for the Soul" series and Chetan Bhagat.

Want to make each day Accountable

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.