What are your child ceremonies?
We, on the 27th or 28th...depending on boy or girl.....day, tie a black thread around his/her waist, wear gold ornaments and colourful dresses. When he/she becomes 6 months, take him/her to temple to give rice food with salt and chillies for the first time. Some do give importance to hair cut and ear ring wearing ceremonies too.Before 3, for Mahanavami we take them to temple to write 'Harishree' from a famous writer or person....Then only we teach them with pen or pencil. What about you?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
child ceremonies in north side and in my house is a little bit different as told by you.at my place at the time of birth if child is manlik we do some pooja after 17 or 25 days of his birth.when the single teeth of baby comes in 6th or 7th month his/her uncle(mama) give him utensils of silver for food feeding.basically bowl and spoon. and children hair are grown long till we perform his hair cutting ceremony may be till 1 year or 2 year.we also have naamkaran puja where a pandit or someone come and tell the first letter and from that we keep his name.
bodd_2012-06-06.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)

a.s.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
child ceremonies in north side and in my house is a little bit different as told by you.at my place at the time of birth if child is manlik we do some pooja after 17 or 25 days of his birth.when the single teeth of baby comes in 6th or 7th month his/her uncle(mama) give him utensils of silver for food feeding.basically bowl and spoon. and children hair are grown long till we perform his hair cutting ceremony may be till 1 year or 2 year.we also have naamkaran puja where a pandit or someone come and tell the first letter and from that we keep his name.

Naamkaran now also.... :woohoo:
But you have to give his name at hospital for birth registration. If so???
Also, will pandit give the name??? Not parents????

What is manlike??? :blink:

Meera sandhu

in my family it is not followed thats why we all have name starting with A but i have witnessed it in many houses around.

a.s.

in my family it is not followed thats why we all have name starting with A but i have witnessed it in many houses around.

If so you will get some old names.
Christians do so...will get 3 or 4 names together...lengthy names..Isn't it?

What's manlike?

Meera sandhu

What's manlike?

but i dont have an old name.yes now i found many people with this name but thats ok.and my name perfectly fits my personality.

a.s.

What's manlike?[/quote

a.s.
Where is your answer baby?

Meera sandhu
On the 21st day of the baby born, we give the name to the baby and we keep them in the cradle and then after one month, on a good day you feed the baby with rice, next on auspicious day espcialy on the birthday of saraswathi devi, you make the baby to study first time. next, we keep few things infront of the baby and make the baby to choose any of the 3. by those things we estimate what the baby may become

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

On the 21st day of the baby born, we give the name to the baby and we keep them in the cradle and then after one month, on a good day you feed the baby with rice, next on auspicious day espcialy on the birthday of saraswathi devi, you make the baby to study first time. next, we keep few things infront of the baby and make the baby to choose any of the 3. by those things we estimate what the baby may become

I also heard so.....but I think it's not practised here.

We make them study on Saraswathi pooja.....the end day of Desara celebrations...Vijaya dasami.....(My girl was born one day before that-Mahanavami-Aayudha pooja). As I told , any famous person at the temple makes her write 'Harishree' in a plate of rice known as vidyaarambham.
Sarala, when is Saraswathi maa's birthday?

Meera sandhu
Its already went this day. Saraswathi maa's pooja comes on the moola star on some thithe

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.