Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In our families, we groom the first hair of our children at famous believed God.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

In our families, we groom the first hair of our children at famous believed God.

I think it's Thirupathi. am I not right?

Meera sandhu
yes sandhya, most of the people take them to tirupathi, but the people who cannot effort much money to goto tirupathi, they groom their child in simhachalam.

You know, grooming is a great industry over there. I mean the hair which they take will be sold for in crores of rupees and even sent for making wiggs and many uses

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Yes, I know it.....
I have read an article before...really surprised

Meera sandhu
I think the main ceremonies are 'naam Maran' and 'Mundan' Naam karan is just giving a 'name' to the child ad 'mundan' is hair cut.

Mundan means hair cutting. Isn't it?
Many people take their kids to Thirupathi or Palani at the age of 1.

Christians also do so at the age of 1. they go to Velankanni matha church

I have edited my post and added some more content. Please see that.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I think the main ceremonies are 'naam Maran' and 'Mundan' Naam karan is just giving a 'name' to the child and 'mundan' is hair cut.. In some communities, there are also customs relating to first food taking by child, first admission in school and so on. The Muslims observe 'Sunnat'. The Christians have baptism.

Ours... wearing colour dress and ornaments is the first celebration.....on the 28th day.
Then it's giving rice food for the first time, when the kid is 6 months old. Till then, we can't take child to a temple as it's believed, they have some divine power.
My profile picture was taken when my kid was taken to temple for first time, for that ceremony, when she was 6 months old.

Then at the age of 2, on Saraswathi pooja day....."Harishree" written from temple. Then only they start learning with pen or pencil. Am really surprised to know, Christians of Kottayam also perform the same ceremony in the church on saraswathi pooja. But instead of Harishree, they make their children write something else in the rice plate.

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.