Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Once in every month holds good, but not often . Anyways on birthdays, child is allowed to wear color dress. So, once in a month can be permitted.
[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Sandhya, uniforms are introduced in schools because of what the very word means, uniform. If they were allowed to wear colourful dresses, there would be a sort of competition by showing off who can afford to get good dresses for their child. Admit it or deny it, this kind of competition exists among all parents. Not all parents can afford to buy very good and expensive dresses, and the child who does not get to wear as lovely dresses as his/her peers will become the object of ridicule.

So to avoid conflicts of any kind, especially of socioeconomic variety, uniforms are must, as also the fact that colors can distract the children from focusing on studies and learning in classroom.

But, at least 1 day per month.....What's your opinion about that? [/quote]

Yes Sandhya, once in a while is okay, now many schools have allowed colored dresses once a week. That is perfectly okay!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

in my children's school colour dress is allowed in only their birthday.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
[quote]even there is a commercial also related to this, its of a small girl child going in school of rich students and her mother try to cook something good for her..Its also something related to this. [/quote]

Yes that ad is for Maggi Masala Magic, its very wrong, its putting a totally wrong message across to children!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

yes that is developing inferiority among small childrens.because at that age they dont have knowledge of all this.

a.s.
in my children's school colour dress is allowed in only their birthday.
i haven't seen the commercial they should ban it if it gives bad message. of course uniform is for uniformity so that everyone rich or poor look same.
[quote]even there is a commercial also related to this, its of a small girl child going in school of rich students and her mother try to cook something good for her..Its also something related to this.

Yes that ad is for Maggi Masala Magic, its very wrong, its putting a totally wrong message across to children!![/quote]

I have not seen that ad yet. Perhaps my kid may know it better :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.