I am now very happy to know that my girl can wear colour dress every first Friday of every month (only KG students), which was not allowed last year. While I was at my school, we can use colour dress every Friday.
Kids look beautiful in colours and of course, they adore colours most. Then why can't they be given permission at least once in a month to use colour dress? Why all schools don't permit it? What is your opinion?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am now very happy to know that my girl can wear colour dress every first Friday of every month (only KG students), which was not allowed last year. While I was at my school, we can use colour dress every Friday.
Kids look beautiful in colours and of course, they adore colours most. Then why can't they be given permission at least once in a month to use colour dress? Why all schools don't permit it? What is your opinion?

But in my kids' school uniform itself is colorful so i never felt it like you feel. :laugh:
Sandhya, uniforms are introduced in schools because of what the very word means, uniform. If they were allowed to wear colourful dresses, there would be a sort of competition by showing off who can afford to get good dresses for their child. Admit it or deny it, this kind of competition exists among all parents. Not all parents can afford to buy very good and expensive dresses, and the child who does not get to wear as lovely dresses as his/her peers will become the object of ridicule.

So to avoid conflicts of any kind, especially of socioeconomic variety, uniforms are must, as also the fact that colors can distract the children from focusing on studies and learning in classroom.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Education has more to do with discipline and learning than fancy dress. Kids may look good in color but they must learn to be in uniform in school. This habit will become a permanent and helpful feature. Colorful fancy dress be better retained for birth day parties and similar occasions.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In my school they were giving off day for uniform on all Saturday.. I guess there should be day like this every week. Such changes are always good for kids.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Sandhya, uniforms are introduced in schools because of what the very word means, uniform. If they were allowed to wear colourful dresses, there would be a sort of competition by showing off who can afford to get good dresses for their child. Admit it or deny it, this kind of competition exists among all parents. Not all parents can afford to buy very good and expensive dresses, and the child who does not get to wear as lovely dresses as his/her peers will become the object of ridicule.

So to avoid conflicts of any kind, especially of socioeconomic variety, uniforms are must, as also the fact that colors can distract the children from focusing on studies and learning in classroom.

But, at least 1 day per month.....What's your opinion about that?

Meera sandhu
School uniforms make all child similar in sight of teachers. However in the present world such aspect has gone in the air. What so ever,colour makes child happy and they can have fun. This is good thing. At least one day should be given to them to enjoy openly.
School uniforms make all child similar in sight of teachers. However in the present world such aspect has gone in the air. What so ever,colour makes child happy and they can have fun. This is good thing. At least one day should be given to them to enjoy openly.

One has come out with same opinion :cheer:

Meera sandhu
when i was in school we had different uniform for saturdays from other days but we were never allowed to wear colorful dresses and i never regret for it as we have to learn discipline from school and its a part of discipline.
I agree with kalyani ji. Not only for kids but in colleges also uniform should be followed because i myself has faced such problem in my college when we were allowed for every saturday to wear casual. I felt that some of them who wore casuals on 1st saturday, didnt wear that from next and that was due to the show off of many rich students,who can afford new dresses everydays.
Same follows with kids also, it might not develop inferiority in them as they are so innocent but it might disturb minds of parents if they will not be able to afford such lovely dresses to make their child look good.

a.s.
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
even there is a commercial also related to this, its of a small girl child going in school of rich students and her mother try to cook something good for her..Its also something related to this.

a.s.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.