Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sandhya, its true, in some countries punishment for crimes such as dealing in drugs, raping, killing etc. is cutting off some or all of one's limbs and letting them bleed to death. Some countries still mete out public lynching in cases of adultery, lynching means being stoned to death by blood-thirsty crowds!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Sandhya, its true, in some countries punishment for crimes such as dealing in drugs, raping, killing etc. is cutting off some or all of one's limbs and letting them bleed to death. Some countries still mete out public lynching in cases of adultery, lynching means being stoned to death by blood-thirsty crowds!

Such cruel punishments!!!! :ohmy:
If he is innocent, it won't be good.
Do you think, our country should also give some more severe punishments and fast judgements?

Meera sandhu
Yeah, too bad if you are innocent!

Yes, we need more speedy trials and subsequent judgements because justice delayed is justice denied!! :angry:

And yes, the most heinous acts of crime should be punished by killing the perpetrators, not just by hanging but by meting out long-drawn painful deaths!! :angry:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I do not favor amputation of limbs as this incapacitates an individual from doing any work for life. The object of punishment is to correct and reform. So, any punishment should not permanently damage a criminal's body. Fine is monetary punishment and if heavy enough, this may be effective. Imprisonment, particularly Rigorous is also good enough. Whipping, caning or flogging results in physical pain but this may not damage the body personally. Medical treatment can also be given after flogging. Death sentence is deterrent but does not reform.

So, death sentence should be either removed or given only in very rare cases. Flogging should be introduced.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In some film, I have seen....can't remember
Only criminal mind of the person should be punished....not the criminals.

I think, even if laws here are strictly followed, our society can be cleaned many much. Still, I think people are fearless about the treatment of our country.

Last week.....
I think no one has forgotten Govindachami, who rapped and killed a girl in train last year.
Now he is in jail waiting for 'hanged'.
He conducted fasting in jail, because he asked authorities to give a Chicken Biryani and they didn't give him. Next day itself, he was given special mutton biryani because authorities can't see him dying fasting :laugh: :laugh: :silly: :blink: :blush:
What do you people have to say?
If normal citizen feels that he get everything from jail, he won't be scared of committing crimes. Isn't it?
Even if, in jail, if he gets everything he want, will he fear???????

Nowadays mobile phones are also available in jails. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu
Punishment has to be severe so that people fear to do mistakes.
In some film, I have seen....can't remember
Only criminal mind of the person should be punished....not the criminals.

I think, even if laws here are strictly followed, our society can be cleaned many much. Still, I think people are fearless about the treatment of our country.

Last week.....
I think no one has forgotten Govindachami, who rapped and killed a girl in train last year.
Now he is in jail waiting for 'hanged'.
He conducted fasting in jail, because he asked authorities to give a Chicken Biryani and they didn't give him. Next day itself, he was given special mutton biryani because authorities can't see him dying fasting :laugh: :laugh: :silly: :blink: :blush:
What do you people have to say?
If normal citizen feels that he get everything from jail, he won't be scared of committing crimes. Isn't it?
Even if, in jail, if he gets everything he want, will he fear???????

Nowadays mobile phones are also available in jails. Isn't it?

Imprisonment- simple or rigorous- is court discretion. The jail authorities cannot be sympathetic or vindictive to a prisoner. They must follow jail manual. The prisoners should be given facilities and treatment as provided in rules- neither more nor less.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Imprisonment- simple or rigorous- is court discretion. The jail authorities cannot be sympathetic or vindictive to a prisoner. They must follow jail manual. The prisoners should be given facilities and treatment as provided in rules- neither more nor less.

Yes....
But I don't know why jail authorities fear such criminals and provides minerals and water for such persons to grow. :dry:

Meera sandhu
Exactly, they have committed crimes, gone against the society, broken rules. They are in jail serving their terms according to rules. This is shortcoming on the part of jail authorities if they are doing any thing against the rules.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes the severe criminals should be punished at all and give them a order of death.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.