Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Plus 1 to both chinmoy's and Kalyani's reply. Just felt like someone took words from my mouth. (To be honest, if me and kalyani would have been writing at the same time, we would have duplicate posts)

Anyways, my dad owns a jewelry shop and I have experienced direct customer interaction from 11th grade. And one thing I have observed is you can't always play the right/wrong thing with the customers if you want to operate your business smoothly. The trend of customers in India is that they become aggressive when they do some mistakes, and pointing out that the customer is wrong would just make situation worse. Patience and handling the situation tactfully would get your work done more gracefully and peacefully.
we can say customers are right. for this they should be properly guided about their requirement.
Well i agree with kalyani, chinmoy and arun statements. And presently customer is treated as king whether he is right or wrong.
[quote]Plus 1 to both chinmoy's and Kalyani's reply. Just felt like someone took words from my mouth. (To be honest, if me and kalyani would have been writing at the same time, we would have duplicate posts)

Anyways, my dad owns a jewelry shop and I have experienced direct customer interaction from 11th grade. And one thing I have observed is you can't always play the right/wrong thing with the customers if you want to operate your business smoothly. The trend of customers in India is that they become aggressive when they do some mistakes, and pointing out that the customer is wrong would just make situation worse. Patience and handling the situation tactfully would get your work done more gracefully and peacefully. [/quote]

Arun, spoken like true Gujju bhai, which I assume you are! You have perfectly described the true mentality of Indian customer, which is also the case elsewhere! In fact, by not pointing out their mistakes but presenting a solution that would solve both, the seller's as well customers problems works well and also in many cases the customers often admit their folly! The trick is to make the customer feel he is right, even if he is not! something that not everyone can manage!
1_2011-08-26.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 3696]}
It's always important to plumb the thoughts of customers to hook him or her!!
customer are always right because he taking something by giving her hard earned money to them.

[quote]Arun, spoken like true Gujju bhai, which I assume you are! You have perfectly described the true mentality of Indian customer, which is also the case elsewhere! In fact, by not pointing out their mistakes but presenting a solution that would solve both, the seller's as well customers problems works well and also in many cases the customers often admit their folly! The trick is to make the customer feel he is right, even if he is not! something that not everyone can manage!

Well I am a marwari but gujrati and marwari sail in the same boat when it comes to business. They both are highly enterprising business community. But personally speaking, every individual can be an entrepreneur they just need some encouragement and take a few risks.
Yes customers are alway right because they pay for the product.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.