The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sanskrit is also known as "Dev Bhasha", language spoken by Gods. It speaks of its antiquity.

It would be interesting to know how it became base of so many Indian languages incl. Hindi and itself retreated into background.

Practical usage of Sanskrit is difficult. in addition to this barring a few teaching and coaching institutions are dwindling in number due to influence of western influence and globalization. Venkatewara university is one such institution where you can see separate institutions for Vedic studies in Sanskrit.

I am not talking of today but in history when Sanskrit gave away to other languages.

Even in context with history, foreign invasions started quite early, resulting in lack of patronage for Sanskrit studies.

No much before that. We did not develop other Indian languages after foreign invasions. Why did use Of Sanskrit fade away and what was the need for so many languages to develop.
Sanskrit is also known as "Dev Bhasha", language spoken by Gods. It speaks of its antiquity.

It would be interesting to know how it became base of so many Indian languages incl. Hindi and itself retreated into background.

Practical usage of Sanskrit is difficult. in addition to this barring a few teaching and coaching institutions are dwindling in number due to influence of western influence and globalization. Venkatewara university is one such institution where you can see separate institutions for Vedic studies in Sanskrit.

I am not talking of today but in history when Sanskrit gave away to other languages.

Even in context with history, foreign invasions started quite early, resulting in lack of patronage for Sanskrit studies.

No much before that. We did not develop other Indian languages after foreign invasions. Why did use Of Sanskrit fade away and what was the need for so many languages to develop.

There is only one reason for a language's failure to survive. That is lack of patronage.

There is only one reason for a language's failure to survive. That is lack of patronage.

But when Sanskrit was there why did other languages have to evolve ?

That I agree , it is like any other tool which tends to rust and wither awy when not used The same is the case with my mother tongue Thulu which had a script but because people wrote in Kannada which is the state language, Thulu script simply went into oblivion. But now many researchers are trying to revive it and bring it back into circulation !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That I agree , it is like any other tool which tends to rust and wither awy when not used The same is the case with my mother tongue Thulu which had a script but because people wrote in Kannada which is the state language, Thulu script simply went into oblivion. But now many researchers are trying to revive it and bring it back into circulation !

Yes. I know the reasons why Thulu has gone in to oblivion. The same is true for many regional Arts and Art forms. Support from the government is vital for any language to survive.

Yes. I know the reasons why Thulu has gone in to oblivion. The same is true for many regional Arts and Art forms. Support from the government is vital for any language to survive.

I want to take you both to evolution of languages. When Sanskrit was there why did other languages emerge out of it. Why a language goes out is not difficult to imagine, but why multiple languages have evolved is worth knowing.

I want to take you both to evolution of languages. When Sanskrit was there why did other languages emerge out of it. Why a language goes out is not difficult to imagine, but why multiple languages have evolved is worth knowing.

Don't you think the job be handed over to Language Historians?
I think we are diverting too much from the maibn issue. The issue is that Hindi is being very vigourously forced upon government departments. This may be inequitable to non Hindi speaking. So English should continue. Happily, central government has diluted the earlier euphoria on increased use of Hindi by government officials on Facebook and Twitter.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I think we are diverting too much from the maibn issue. The issue is that Hindi is being very vigourously forced upon government departments. This may be inequitable to non Hindi speaking. So English should continue. Happily, central government has diluted the earlier euphoria on increased use of Hindi by government officials on Facebook and Twitter.

I agree. Allowing English to continue would be the right solution.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
The issue has been widely discussed. Now is the time to close. Thanks all for participating.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: vijay
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.