The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The government should learn a lesson from the blows and jolts earlier governments tasted by trying to force Hindi language

I many times feel that the language of that group should be adopted which is the least spoken in India and made the official language. Then everyone will have equal advantage or disadvantage and all will learn it. Any takers both ways?

This will be a big joke on the Hindi chauvanists. I suggest that Khasi (Meghalaya) be made national language. :laugh: :laugh:

But my more serious suggestion is that English should get more prominent role as this is common to all Indians and is well used by them. Also Roman script should be adoptd for Hindi. Hindi in Roman script will be understood more than Hindi in Devnagri script. Many use Roman script for Hindi also in Facebook.

Ultimately that language is going to flourish in which one is able to earn a living. That is why Sanskrit, Urdu and Persian have almost declined or vanished from use in India. English is becoming a global language and its spread has finished many native languages in many countries. Unfortunate but true. Writing Hindi in Roman script is already taking place in social networks. Matter of time before it becomes widespread. Many a times all the movies running seem to be English but actually are Hindi movies with English titles!!.

I agree. I seriously feel that language is nothing but a medium. The thrust should be on peace, prosperity, equity, justice and progress. Language is secondary. I need water to quench my thirst. Whether you call this water, neer, jol or AAB matters little.

Here I am tempted to tell a story. A young man went to college and learnt Persian with proficiency. Once he fell seriously sick. He could not even speak well. He was bed ridden. One day, he breathed his last. Somebody asked as to what were his last words. The parents said- He was just uttering AAB- AAB. The visitor said- Then he died of thirst. He was asking for water continously but you did not give him. Parents repented why they sent their son to learn Persian. They lamented- Persian has killed our son. Uttering AAB- AAB died our child.

The three language formula is a very good concept. It takes care of a language of commerce and higher studies, teaches the national language and also the state language in most cases the mother tongue. Some of us who are out of our state know one more language ie 4 languages. It is uplifting. Hindi states can receive official letters in Hindi, others in English. What is the problem. You are right language is a medium but many times it is used for domination also by vested interests.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
The government should learn a lesson from the blows and jolts earlier governments tasted by trying to force Hindi language

I many times feel that the language of that group should be adopted which is the least spoken in India and made the official language. Then everyone will have equal advantage or disadvantage and all will learn it. Any takers both ways?

This will be a big joke on the Hindi chauvanists. I suggest that Khasi (Meghalaya) be made national language. :laugh: :laugh:

But my more serious suggestion is that English should get more prominent role as this is common to all Indians and is well used by them. Also Roman script should be adoptd for Hindi. Hindi in Roman script will be understood more than Hindi in Devnagri script. Many use Roman script for Hindi also in Facebook.

Ultimately that language is going to flourish in which one is able to earn a living. That is why Sanskrit, Urdu and Persian have almost declined or vanished from use in India. English is becoming a global language and its spread has finished many native languages in many countries. Unfortunate but true. Writing Hindi in Roman script is already taking place in social networks. Matter of time before it becomes widespread. Many a times all the movies running seem to be English but actually are Hindi movies with English titles!!.

I agree. I seriously feel that language is nothing but a medium. The thrust should be on peace, prosperity, equity, justice and progress. Language is secondary. I need water to quench my thirst. Whether you call this water, neer, jol or AAB matters little.

Here I am tempted to tell a story. A young man went to college and learnt Persian with proficiency. Once he fell seriously sick. He could not even speak well. He was bed ridden. One day, he breathed his last. Somebody asked as to what were his last words. The parents said- He was just uttering AAB- AAB. The visitor said- Then he died of thirst. He was asking for water continously but you did not give him. Parents repented why they sent their son to learn Persian. They lamented- Persian has killed our son. Uttering AAB- AAB died our child.

The three language formula is a very good concept. It takes care of a language of commerce and higher studies, teaches the national language and also the state language in most cases the mother tongue. Some of us who are out of our state know one more language ie 4 languages. It is uplifting. Hindi states can receive official letters in Hindi, others in English. What is the problem. You are right language is a medium but many times it is used for domination also by vested interests.

Earlier governments tasted the bitterness of the outcome when they forced Hindi years ago. Is there any meaning in trying to impose Hindi again? Modi government, if it wants to survive should refrain from such acts.
I do not see anything wrong in using Hindi as medium of communication, it is unique to India and father of nation supported this.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I do not see anything wrong in using Hindi as medium of communication, it is unique to India and father of nation supported this.

Father of nation supported many other things which are not followed. No one is saying Hindi should not be the official language. Only it should not be forced on any state or region.

Father of nation supported many other things which are not followed. No one is saying Hindi should not be the official language. Only it should not be forced on any state or region.

Exactly. Nothing can be achieved by forcing.
I too feel that for all practical purpose English seems to be the best bet, but I see the point BJP is trying to make - they probaby want to have a Indian language that is used by the maximum number of people rather than a foreign language ,as the lanuage used for official communication.....I guess DMK and followers wd have no problem had Tamil been given the status..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The BJP should turn its attention to immediate burning problems like Hijacked Indians in Mosul, Iraq, Economic instability due to turbulence in Iraq etc. Language issue can wait. Let it not waste its time on imposition of language and become unpopular in its starting point.

I think what government notiifcation is clearly misunderstood by many medias, government said hindi for hindi lands, what is wrong with it,father of nations also said such, if some one trying to implement this what is wrong with this, Hindi for hindi speaking people and for rest English, that is the norm but not being observed now, this government is trying to implement this, and why TN politicians without learning what the circular and directive about is making such hue and cry. It is a real shame, we odia people do not demand circular to be in Odia, people should learn from this.

http://mohanmekap.com/

The BJP should turn its attention to immediate burning problems like Hijacked Indians in Mosul, Iraq, Economic instability due to turbulence in Iraq etc. Language issue can wait. Let it not waste its time on imposition of language and become unpopular in its starting point.

Absolutely ! This can wait and may be not even important since things have been going on without any hassle for so long but other issues that you mentioned are far more important and also internal problems with regard to economy and infra structure which are far more essential to be tackled and dealt with...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Absolutely ! This can wait and may be not even important since things have been going on without any hassle for so long but other issues that you mentioned are far more important and also internal problems with regard to economy and infra structure which are far more essential to be tackled and dealt with...

BJP should not bite more than it can swallow.. Especially in the beginning of its governance. People will think about the current problems. These issues are to addressed first.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.