Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
No doubt most Americans are obese because they have per capita highest lights available.

Per capita highest lights are available for Americans.But are they sleeping with lights on ? The reason for obesity in Americans is wrong food habits and wrong life style. In a bid to pursue mundane possessions, Americans bid adieue to healthy life style and healthy food habits.

Las Vegas and Atlantic City never sleep.

So are many cities and metropolises in India.

Many of them may be doing so because there is no power and in summer heat one can't get proper sleep. I have once reached Mumbai at 0430 am and on my way to my hotel I saw children playing cricket on the main road at that hour !!![/quote

Very true. For example Kolkata is also known as "The city that never sleeps."

I once was with American guests in Mumbai and we were returning from a late night dinner to our hotel when they expressed surprise at the volume of traffic he saw on the road at 1 am and said people don't sleep in Mumbai. I realised their surprise when I visited them in New York and contrary to my expectations I found very little traffic on the roads after 10 pm. And yet we are not a rich country and poverty is high.[/quote

What's the link between having little traffic and poverty?

The link was that people in cities likeMumbai work hard and it continues even in nights and yet they remain poor.

The thread is about obesity and the reasons for obesity
No doubt most Americans are obese because they have per capita highest lights available.

Per capita highest lights are available for Americans.But are they sleeping with lights on ? The reason for obesity in Americans is wrong food habits and wrong life style. In a bid to pursue mundane possessions, Americans bid adieue to healthy life style and healthy food habits.

Many of them may be doing so because there is no power and in summer heat one can't get proper sleep. I have once reached Mumbai at 0430 am and on my way to my hotel I saw children playing cricket on the main road at that hour !!![/quote

I once was with American guests in Mumbai and we were returning from a late night dinner to our hotel when they expressed surprise at the volume of traffic he saw on the road at 1 am and said people don't sleep in Mumbai. I realised their surprise when I visited them in New York and contrary to my expectations I found very little traffic on the roads after 10 pm. And yet we are not a rich country and poverty is high.[/quote

The link was that people in cities likeMumbai work hard and it continues even in nights and yet they remain poor.

Exactly, in America in full lights they become obese, in Mumbai with full lights they work and remain non-obese.

Exactly, in America in full lights they become obese, in Mumbai with full lights they work and remain non-obese.[/quote

So, you are saying Mumbai is free from obesity? Any concrete evidence?
A very useful information. Even I quite often sleep with lights ON. Will avoid this going forward.
A very useful information. Even I quite often sleep with lights ON. Will avoid this going forward.

You can use a dim light instead like bedroom lamps.
OMG! i scanned the article using the link that you shared. It is written there that this has not really been proved and I don't really think anything like this can happen. Yes, but switching off lights at night can definitely decrease one's electricity bill :)

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
OMG! i scanned the article using the link that you shared. It is written there that this has not really been proved and I don't really think anything like this can happen. Yes, but switching off lights at night can definitely decrease one's electricity bill :)[/quote

There are many such things unproved. But the results are there for you to see.
It is quite humorous, and am suprised to find lights on and obese, perhaps it relates to less sleep and obese due to lights.

http://mohanmekap.com/

This is the finding of a study conducted by researchers at Institute of Cancer Research in London according to the link given in the thread.,
OMG! i scanned the article using the link that you shared. It is written there that this has not really been proved and I don't really think anything like this can happen. Yes, but switching off lights at night can definitely decrease one's electricity bill :)
That is quite practical observation especially in summer time, where there seems to be deficiency of electricity supply in most part of India.

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.