Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Usually men spend entirely on dates and women expect they even if they offer to pay, men should reject. But is this fair? If women are equal, why they should also not spend?

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/most-men-want-women-to-go-dutch-on-a-date/1153928/

Nothing is wrong in it if women share expenses on dates. When women are equal to men than what is problem in sharing expenses if she can pay.

I don't mind if any of my earning female friends are willing to pay for a change once in a while. :laugh:

While only once, Why not every time your female friend share expenses of dates.
No self respecting man or woman irrespective of their mutual relations would like to live like a parasite on the other. Relationships can be made more healthy with the universally accepted norm., "Give and take."
We need to change according to times.Earlier men felt obliged to take care of the bill because the money power lay with them.Now situation is different and anyone can pay...It is best to share the expenses when both are earning ...One of my friend always says in jest ' My earning is mine and my husband's earning is ours '...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

We need to change according to times.Earlier men felt obliged to take care of the bill because the money power lay with them.Now situation is different and anyone can pay...It is best to share the expenses when both are earning ...One of my friend always says in jest ' My earning is mine and my husband's earning is ours '...

The issue is mainly for those on date. Between husband and wife, this is family issue and not a matter of formality. In changing times, it is okay for women also to share expenses.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The issue is mainly for those on date. Between husband and wife, this is family issue and not a matter of formality. In changing times, it is okay for women also to share expenses.

Actually I have seen more and more couples now claiming their individual earnings as being solely theirs and not sharing it with their spouses! :blink: I have seen husband's not contributing to the family because they claim that the 'wife is earning good so why should I shell out my money'!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Actually I have seen more and more couples now claiming their individual earnings as being solely theirs and not sharing it with their spouses! :blink: I have seen husband's not contributing to the family because they claim that the 'wife is earning good so why should I shell out my money'![/quote

As long as they do not have children, it may be okay to claim right to own money. But when you beget children, matter differs. There are also common expenses for family apart from individual expenses. The common expenses on accommodation, kitchen, children education need be shared and also plan for children's higher education and marriage need be jointly planned and financed.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Actually I have seen more and more couples now claiming their individual earnings as being solely theirs and not sharing it with their spouses! :blink: I have seen husband's not contributing to the family because they claim that the 'wife is earning good so why should I shell out my money'![/quote

As long as they do not have children, it may be okay to claim right to own money. But when you beget children, matter differs. There are also common expenses for family apart from individual expenses. The common expenses on accommodation, kitchen, children education need be shared and also plan for children's higher education and marriage need be jointly planned and financed.

Very true Gulshan, that is how a family functions and should function but you would be surprised to know the number people who would beg to differ on these views! One such couple happens to be my own good friend who is a doctor and her husband runs a thriving business but he never gives her any money for her personal expenses! She is capable of meeting them but a wife does expect a husband to give her something occasionally at least!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.