Is prayer a part of healing science. Now doctors also recommend this. In many movies, when the disease is incurable, doctor says- God alone (or prayer) can bring miracle. The well wishers and family begin ringing temple bells and the patient gets right. But it is a matter of wonder that real life doctors also recommend prayer.

However, prayer has a psychological affect on a patient. But what if patient cannot even listen to the prayer or doctor. How will prayer help patient if he has no idea about this. Psychological affect of prayers on others can definitely be of no help to a patient. If prayer were so powerful, nobody would die of a disease. Prayer would do the trick.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/health/Prayer-spirituality-gets-the-doctors-nod/articleshow/20169194.cms

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is not now that doctors recommend this. But it is that it is now we hear that they are recommending prayers. The best medicine is the prayer, of course.
Is prayer a part of healing science. Now doctors also recommend this. In many movies, when the disease is incurable, doctor says- God alone (or prayer) can bring miracle. The well wishers and family begin ringing temple bells and the patient gets right. But it is a matter of wonder that real life doctors also recommend prayer.

However, prayer has a psychological affect on a patient. But what if patient cannot even listen to the prayer or doctor. How will prayer help patient if he has no idea about this. Psychological affect of prayers on others can definitely be of no help to a patient. If prayer were so powerful, nobody would die of a disease. Prayer would do the trick.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/health/Prayer-spirituality-gets-the-doctors-nod/articleshow/20169194.cms

Doctors are also humans. Though doctors are able identify most of the disease with its underlying mechanism, some of them are still beyond doctors reach. When doctors come across patients in whom the disease causing symptoms cannot be identified, they only treat the symptoms and not the disease. In such cases prayers may be of help.
My take is you have to take side with conviction in this particular matter. Medical science is founded on supremacy of scientific knowledge which doesn't leave any space for supernatural or spiritual agency. I don't intend to hurt who have great faith in faith-healing or cures through prayer routes, but I have observed this with great interest that whenever medical science fails to find any solution to a particular disease, we begin trying out anything and everything!!!
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

All doctors are not atheist, they also believe in religions. I read at doctor nursing this message. " I treat you but God cure you"

All doctors are not atheist, they also believe in religions. I read at doctor nursing this message. " I treat you but God cure you"

It will be better to say that all doctors are 'businessmen'. They attract patients (rather customers) by appealing to their sentiments including religious. I had some times back remarked on unholy alliance between astrologers and doctors. Astrologers forecast a particular time when a child born will have very good future. The doctors ensure that child birth (even premature) should take on time considered auspicious. No surprise, photographs of several religious saints hand on walls of private hospitals and in doctors' clinics. This does not reflect doctor's faith but is simply trick to attract more customers (patients if you like)

Doctors are also human beings. Actually they are humans first and then docotrs. I don't understand why we look at them differently. They also have their limitations.

Doctors are also human beings. Actually they are humans first and then docotrs. I don't understand why we look at them differently. They also have their limitations.

All are human. Doctors are human. Astrologers are human. Poets and priests are human. Here similarity ends. A doctor is a Science professional and hence it is bizarre that doctors talk of 'prayer' to heal a patient. There is nothing wrong if astrologer, poet and priests say so. The priests are actually expected to say so.

All are human. Doctors are human. Astrologers are human. Poets and priests are human. Here similarity ends. A doctor is a Science professional and hence it is bizarre that doctors talk of 'prayer' to heal a patient. There is nothing wrong if astrologer, poet and priests say so. The priests are actually expected to say so.

But after all what's science and where did it come from? It existed alright, but ultimately it was the human who formed rules in a systematic manner that named it science. Whatever you call it, at the end of the day, it is a human who matters, not machines or even the profession.
My take is you have to take side with conviction in this particular matter. Medical science is founded on supremacy of scientific knowledge which doesn't leave any space for supernatural or spiritual agency. I don't intend to hurt who have great faith in faith-healing or cures through prayer routes, but I have observed this with great interest that whenever medical science fails to find any solution to a particular disease, we begin trying out anything and everything!!!

No doubt faith moves mountains but not necessarily faith in god alone ! It could be faith in oneself ! I too feel that when a doctor reaches a dead end , he probably feels that it is better to put the responsibility on God !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It will be better to say that all doctors are 'businessmen'. They attract patients (rather customers) by appealing to their sentiments including religious. I had some times back remarked on unholy alliance between astrologers and doctors. Astrologers forecast a particular time when a child born will have very good future. The doctors ensure that child birth (even premature) should take on time considered auspicious. No surprise, photographs of several religious saints hand on walls of private hospitals and in doctors' clinics. This does not reflect doctor's faith but is simply trick to attract more customers (patients if you like)

I am 100% agree with you. In these medical practice is not profession but it is business. True and honest doctors are rare.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.