Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Triclosan is the main antibacterial agent in soaps but it is now proved that it more harmful than useful. So the next time before purchasing soaps we should check whether it contains triclosan or not. In India there are many brands which provide Tricolsan free soaps.

A normal consumer is unable to check such differences. Will it not be appropriate that ISI does not certify such products in view of harmful affects.

It will be certainly appropriate if a central board tests the consumer products like lotions, beauty products etc and make the people aware about the harmful ingredients if any.

Not necessary that ISI conducts awareness programme. ISI mark itself should be sufficient proof of quality of product. Otherwise the ISI mark is meaningless.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes Gulshanji, what you said is correct, a normal consumer will not be able to find out such differences. A ban should be issued to such harmful products. In India you can find products with fake ISI marks, which a normal person will not be able to differentiate. I think cases should be registered against such products in the consumer court.

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Triclosan is the main antibacterial agent in soaps but it is now proved that it more harmful than useful. So the next time before purchasing soaps we should check whether it contains triclosan or not. In India there are many brands which provide Tricolsan free soaps.

A normal consumer is unable to check such differences. Will it not be appropriate that ISI does not certify such products in view of harmful affects.

It will be certainly appropriate if a central board tests the consumer products like lotions, beauty products etc and make the people aware about the harmful ingredients if any.

Not necessary that ISI conducts awareness programme. ISI mark itself should be sufficient proof of quality of product. Otherwise the ISI mark is meaningless.

There are bad allegations against the standardization processes of ISI. There should be a third party to certify a product's authenticity.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.