Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
quote="chinmoymukherjee" post=313769]
I am quite surprised that there are no takers! My answer would be creativity neither cares for perseverance nor patience! It may take long or short time all depending on the ways of the creator! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

No one under the Sun achieved creative excellence without caring for perseverance and patience.

Is it so? Too tall a claim! In fact, some of the greatest creators were neither known for showing patience nor for perseverance. I can instantly recall one of the greatest creative film-makers of India, late Ritwik Ghatak who was always impatient with the world and turned alcoholic to have an untimely end![/quote]

a stray example is no less than a tall claim. Leonardo da vinci toiled for years for that enigmatic smile in the countenance of Mona lisa. Pablo Picasso took years to convert his 2d world into cubism.. Michelangelo lived practically lived on the ceiling of the Sistine chapel for 4 long years for painting Frescoes on its walls. Ask any artist of pre renaissance or post renaissance, i give you the details of their perseverance and patience.
One more thing Ritwik Ghatak is a midget when it comes to creativity before the two Reddys of AP and Satyajit roy.
I am quite surprised that there are no takers! My answer would be creativity neither cares for perseverance nor patience! It may take long or short time all depending on the ways of the creator! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

No one under the Sun achieved creative excellence without caring for perseverance and patience.

Is it so? Too tall a claim! In fact, some of the greatest creators were neither known for showing patience nor for perseverance. I can instantly recall one of the greatest creative film-makers of India, late Ritwik Ghatak who was always impatient with the world and turned alcoholic to have an untimely end!

a stray example is no less than a tall claim. Leonardo da vinci toiled for years for that enigmatic smile in the countenance of Mona lisa. Pablo Picasso took years to convert his 2d world into cubism.. Michelangelo lived practically lived on the ceiling of the Sistine chapel for 4 long years for painting Frescoes on its walls. Ask any artist of pre renaissance or post renaissance, i give you the details of their perseverance and patience.
One more thing Ritwik Ghatak is a midget when it comes to creativity before the two Reddys of AP and Satyajit roy.[/quote]

Ritwik Ghatak a midget? Ask any knowledgeable person whose has serious interest and studies in serious cinema, he or she will tell you what Satya jit Ray said about him! I can cite not a stray one, a lot more! There could be always difference of opinions and let us gracefully accept that without running down a person about whom you know so little! This is not the way to show your respect to Reddys! Similarly Charlie Chaplin, Rabindranath Tagore were all midgets! It's parochialism of a ridiculous kind which I believe against the rules of boddunan. As I am respectful to all the greats of the state of Andhra Pradesh for their seminal and signal contribution to whatever we are proud of as an Indian!
If you are scared of committing mistakes, you can never be creative. Pablo Picasso says, a person who will not hesitate to use his eraser 100 times and start again with the same verve is on his path to lead a creative life.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9405]}

Creativity is great thing which is presented by god. If we leave fear we can create many things.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Creativity means thinking out of box. One who is afraid of mistake will go by the routine and do nothing original. Creativity is essentially originality that a timid avoids.

Great comments,Gulshanji! A person can persevere and remain patient infinitely producing nothing original or creative!
A person who is creative needs a lot of imagination too along with other requisites ...imagination and creativity go hand in hand !

Hit the nail right on its head, Usha! While going through the biography of the great Charlie Chaplin I was quite floored to know the kind of creativity that this immortal genius could display as a kid! His mother who was susceptible to periodic bouts of insanity was an able stage actress and little Chaplin was present in the wings when his mother's voice suddenly cracked to the point that she was not able to finish off her dialogues and left the stage. Such was his level of creativity that he entered the stage imitating her mother's hoarse voice to the rapturous laughter of the audience and threw notes and coins at the stage. Chaplin stopped acting to collect them throwing the entire audience into another convulsive bout of laughter. Rabindranath Tagore did not have to wait for years patiently with perseverance to prove his creativity which he displayed at a fairly young age. Satyajit Roy, India's first recipient of Life-Time Oscar award about whom some shoddy comments have been made by a member ridiculously similarly showed his creativity not through painstaking hard work but sheer genius! Class is born not made!!
Thank you said by: usha manohar, Kalyani Nandurkar

Is it so? Too tall a claim! In fact, some of the greatest creators were neither known for showing patience nor for perseverance. I can instantly recall one of the greatest creative film-makers of India, late Ritwik Ghatak who was always impatient with the world and turned alcoholic to have an untimely end!

One more thing Ritwik Ghatak is a midget when it comes to creativity before the two Reddys of AP and Satyajit roy.

Ritwik Ghatak a midget? Ask any knowledgeable person whose has serious interest and studies in serious cinema, he or she will tell you what Satya jit Ray said about him! I can cite not a stray one, a lot more! There could be always difference of opinions and let us gracefully accept that without running down a person about whom you know so little! This is not the way to show your respect to Reddys! Similarly Charlie Chaplin, Rabindranath Tagore were all midgets! It's parochialism of a ridiculous kind which I believe against the rules of boddunan. As I am respectful to all the greats of the state of Andhra Pradesh for their seminal and signal contribution to whatever we are proud of as an Indian![/quote]

I have worked enough in the field of serious national and international cinema from D.W Griffith to Michelangelo Antonioni to Kurosawa.
When it comes to revelation of truth. I'm confident boddunan's rules will not stand in the way. Refer the Book 'Arts ans Artists' by Jeremy Kingston, where in Only Satyajit Roy found a place as the lonely film maker of India anxious to show the progressive face of India to the world.
Tell me where the question of parochialism comes here.

Ritwik Ghatak a midget? Ask any knowledgeable person whose has serious interest and studies in serious cinema, he or she will tell you what Satya jit Ray said about him! I can cite not a stray one, a lot more! There could be always difference of opinions and let us gracefully accept that without running down a person about whom you know so little! This is not the way to show your respect to Reddys! Similarly Charlie Chaplin, Rabindranath Tagore were all midgets! It's parochialism of a ridiculous kind which I believe against the rules of boddunan. As I am respectful to all the greats of the state of Andhra Pradesh for their seminal and signal contribution to whatever we are proud of as an Indian!

I have worked enough in the field of serious national and international cinema from D.W Griffith to Michelangelo Antonioni to Kurosawa.
When it comes to revelation of truth. I'm confident boddunan's rules will not stand in the way. Refer the Book 'Arts ans Artists' by Jeremy Kingston, where in Only Satyajit Roy found a place as the lonely film maker of India anxious to show the progressive face of India to the world.
Tell me where the question of parochialism comes here.[/quote]

To be really honest, I had not opened this thread until now and when I did so the first thing that hit me was the word Midget being used to describe a phenomenal person such as Ritwik Ghatak. Rambabu, while there are no rules that clearly state the choice of words that you can describe some one, I am really disappointed in the way you have chosen to talk about Ghatak.

Also your mention of Art sans Artists by Jeremy Kingston, the fact that Roy is the only Indian who has found his way into the book, it does make me feel proud because I am a fan of Roy, yet cannot help but feel annoyed that we need a book written by an foreigner to use as a measure of capability as opposed to film makers of equal status as Roy. It is really very disappointing

As far as creativity goes, my belief is that it takes imagination, natural in-born talent and intelligence. Perseverance is something that determines your success at what you do, but not your actual creativity!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Tell me where the question of parochialism comes here.

To be really honest, I had not opened this thread until now and when I did so the first thing that hit me was the word Midget being used to describe a phenomenal person such as Ritwik Ghatak. Rambabu, while there are no rules that clearly state the choice of words that you can describe some one, I am really disappointed in the way you have chosen to talk about Ghatak.

Also your mention of Art sans Artists by Jeremy Kingston, the fact that Roy is the only Indian who has found his way into the book, it does make me feel proud because I am a fan of Roy, yet cannot help but feel annoyed that we need a book written by an foreigner to use as a measure of capability as opposed to film makers of equal status as Roy. It is really very disappointing

As far as creativity goes, my belief is that it takes imagination, natural in-born talent and intelligence. Perseverance is something that determines your success at what you do, but not your actual creativity![/quote]

Yes perseverance will not boost the creativity but it helps in keeping a tight hold on the subject you are working on. This clubbed with Patience will give unbelievable results.
When it comes to the adjective 'Midget', its degree of derogation varies from the position where the subject is juxtaposed. Ritwic Ghatak as a creative personality is certainly great. This greatness is word that indicates 'Relativity". Not absolute. If the same subject is compared with some other luminary a comparative term has to be used. And the reason for this too i have mentioned in the thread.
If my comparison has hurt the feelings of some one, i may please be pardoned. But one thing i want to emphasize is there is no "Parochialism " whatsoever in my thread. Thank you
Creativity is nothing but new innovative ideas which comes after number of thoughts. It is creativity which has changed this whole world and developed it for us to live modern life. Many blue prints were made and reviewed. Many a times planned failed. Many plans become successful. These became possible because of creative thinking.
Fear keeps person behind in the dark. Unless you face the world, you are nothing. Nobody knows you.
Nice topic

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
Albert Einstein

Be positive
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.