The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I hate Hindi as I am weak in that language but now a days I am showing some interest to learn it.

My hubby too :blink:
Today also, he promised me ;) that he will learn Hindi soon. Hoping at least this time, he learn at least 10 new words :whistle:

Meera sandhu
I hate Hindi as I am weak in that language but now a days I am showing some interest to learn it.

Today also, he promised me ;) that he will learn Hindi soon. Hoping at least this time, he learn at least 10 new words :whistle:

Good for you two! ;) Mistakes like "Akale hum akale tum" can be avoided. :lol:

Live in the present :)

Good for you two! ;) Mistakes like "Akale hum akale tum" can be avoided. :lol:

Hindi can change that Akale(far) to more Arike(near) too!!

Meera sandhu
Hindi is no doubt one of the most spoken languages in India but English is important for our development in the National as well as International arena. That might be a reason for Hindi usage declining.

Sandhya your line says - "Hindi Hamara Rashtra Bhaasha hai" but it should be Hindi hamari Rashtra Bhasha hai " ;)

that's the real headache of Hindi language :silly:

For Dravadian languages, verbs and nouns are not gender specific.
But for Hindi....Kartha hai and Karthi hai :evil: :evil:

This is not so difficult. Let me just give one hint today. In Hindi, there are two genders- male and feminine. No neuter gender. The things ending with 'ee' are female. Those with 'aa' are male. Sence 'Hindee' is female. 'Khaanaa' (food) is male.

Even non living things have gender in Hindi like when we say "Pencil meri hai and not pencil mera hai". The language is vast with a little complex grammar (at least for me it is).

I am really curious to know why the non living things are given gender. It makes learning hindi very difficult. one of my friends said that we should say ' bus aa rahi hain' and ' train aa raha hain'. Is it true? and could somebody tell me how we can tell the gender of non living things?
Hindi is no doubt one of the most spoken languages in India but English is important for our development in the National as well as International arena. That might be a reason for Hindi usage declining.

Sandhya your line says - "Hindi Hamara Rashtra Bhaasha hai" but it should be Hindi hamari Rashtra Bhasha hai " ;)

This is not so difficult. Let me just give one hint today. In Hindi, there are two genders- male and feminine. No neuter gender. The things ending with 'ee' are female. Those with 'aa' are male. Sence 'Hindee' is female. 'Khaanaa' (food) is male.

Even non living things have gender in Hindi like when we say "Pencil meri hai and not pencil mera hai". The language is vast with a little complex grammar (at least for me it is).

I am really curious to know why the non living things are given gender. It makes learning hindi very difficult. one of my friends said that we should say ' bus aa rahi hain' and ' train aa raha hain'. Is it true? and could somebody tell me how we can tell the gender of non living things?

That's why South Indian languages are a little bit easy in grammar :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
No separate genders to confuse :angry:

Meera sandhu

That's why South Indian languages are a little bit easy in grammar :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
No separate genders to confuse :angry:

But when listening to south Indian language I feel it will be difficult to learn. It sounds so different!

That is the same doubt I have. But though Hindi has been a mother tongue of mine it naturally comes to me as to which gender should I use for which thing. And for bus and train both are taken as the female gender its train aa rahi hai. Though if anyone has the rules I too would love to know them.

Live in the present :)

I too find it baffling at times, since my hindi isnt really good.I get confused with gender especially about things ...found this article online which explains in detail..

http://hindilanguage.info/hindi-grammar/nouns/gender/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen

I too find it baffling at times, since my hindi isnt really good.I get confused with gender especially about things ...found this article online which explains in detail..

http://hindilanguage.info/hindi-grammar/nouns/gender/

The gender treatment of Hindi words is complex. There can be no exact guide. As a rule, words ending with 'ee' should be feminine. But 'dhobee' (washerman) is masculine. 'Darjee' (tailor) is also masculine. The feminine are 'dhoban (washerwoman) and 'darjanee (a woman tailor) . Possibly, for jobs, the rule differs. The rule that 'ee' is feminine is for lifeless things.

The problem of gender felt by Non Hindi persons is also a fitting rebuff to those Hindi enthusiast who make fun of English.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Hindi is both national as well as official language of India. I respect my National language though I am not so good in it. I am not at all good in any of the languages that I have learnt till today. My mother tongue is Bengali. Still I give more importance to Hindi. Hindi day is every year celebrated on 14th September at New Delhi where special ceminar is held. It is attended by foreigners also. It is a special day.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.