The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hindi is our national language so i learn that. I give more respect to this particular language.
Hindi is no doubt one of the most spoken languages in India but English is important for our development in the National as well as International arena. That might be a reason for Hindi usage declining.

Sandhya your line says - "Hindi Hamara Rashtra Bhaasha hai" but it should be Hindi hamari Rashtra Bhasha hai " ;)

that's the real headache of Hindi language :silly:

For Dravadian languages, verbs and nouns are not gender specific.
But for Hindi....Kartha hai and Karthi hai :evil: :evil:

This is not so difficult. Let me just give one hint today. In Hindi, there are two genders- male and feminine. No neuter gender. The things ending with 'ee' are female. Those with 'aa' are male. Sence 'Hindee' is female. 'Khaanaa' (food) is male.

Even non living things have gender in Hindi like when we say "Pencil meri hai and not pencil mera hai". The language is vast with a little complex grammar (at least for me it is).

I am really curious to know why the non living things are given gender. It makes learning hindi very difficult. one of my friends said that we should say ' bus aa rahi hain' and ' train aa raha hain'. Is it true? and could somebody tell me how we can tell the gender of non living things?

I too find it baffling at times, since my hindi isnt really good.I get confused with gender especially about things ...found this article online which explains in detail..

http://hindilanguage.info/hindi-grammar/nouns/gender/

That was helpful to some extent and if only the words ended either in 'aa' or 'ee' it really would have been easier to learn hindi. By the way, if you come across any article regarding when to use bari ee ka matra and chchoti ee ka matra, do provide the link. Except for few words which I have learn by heart I always get confused which ee to use. So uses whichever comes in my mind first :)
Hindi is no doubt one of the most spoken languages in India but English is important for our development in the National as well as International arena. That might be a reason for Hindi usage declining.

Sandhya your line says - "Hindi Hamara Rashtra Bhaasha hai" but it should be Hindi hamari Rashtra Bhasha hai " ;)

This is not so difficult. Let me just give one hint today. In Hindi, there are two genders- male and feminine. No neuter gender. The things ending with 'ee' are female. Those with 'aa' are male. Sence 'Hindee' is female. 'Khaanaa' (food) is male.

Even non living things have gender in Hindi like when we say "Pencil meri hai and not pencil mera hai". The language is vast with a little complex grammar (at least for me it is).

I am really curious to know why the non living things are given gender. It makes learning hindi very difficult. one of my friends said that we should say ' bus aa rahi hain' and ' train aa raha hain'. Is it true? and could somebody tell me how we can tell the gender of non living things?

I too find it baffling at times, since my hindi isnt really good.I get confused with gender especially about things ...found this article online which explains in detail..

That was helpful to some extent and if only the words ended either in 'aa' or 'ee' it really would have been easier to learn hindi. By the way, if you come across any article regarding when to use bari ee ka matra and chchoti ee ka matra, do provide the link. Except for few words which I have learn by heart I always get confused which ee to use. So uses whichever comes in my mind first :)

True ! I have learnt most of my hindi through films lol, so it is bound to be corrupt , found this link, not sure if it would help you...

http://www.vjsingh.info/hindi.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The gender treatment of Hindi words is complex. There can be no exact guide. As a rule, words ending with 'ee' should be feminine. But 'dhobee' (washerman) is masculine. 'Darjee' (tailor) is also masculine. The feminine are 'dhoban (washerwoman) and 'darjanee (a woman tailor) . Possibly, for jobs, the rule differs. The rule that 'ee' is feminine is for lifeless things.

The problem of gender felt by Non Hindi persons is also a fitting rebuff to those Hindi enthusiast who make fun of English.

Very true ! That was very helpful...It is not easy learning a language that is totally different to yours although it is your national language.We do have compulsory hindi in all schools taught by teachers who speak and read like parrots with very bad pronunciation..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The gender treatment of Hindi words is complex. There can be no exact guide. As a rule, words ending with 'ee' should be feminine. But 'dhobee' (washerman) is masculine. 'Darjee' (tailor) is also masculine. The feminine are 'dhoban (washerwoman) and 'darjanee (a woman tailor) . Possibly, for jobs, the rule differs. The rule that 'ee' is feminine is for lifeless things.

The problem of gender felt by Non Hindi persons is also a fitting rebuff to those Hindi enthusiast who make fun of English.

Very true ! That was very helpful...It is not easy learning a language that is totally different to yours although it is your national language.We do have compulsory hindi in all schools taught by teachers who speak and read like parrots with very bad pronunciation..

If purity of language is insisted on too much, a language cannot flourish. There are many variants of English- Queen's, American, Australian, Indian. English is not pronounced exactly with same accent everywhere. What is the harm if Hindi is also spoken differently at different places. already thee are many variants of Hindi, Namely, Bhojpuri, Maithili, Brij Bhasha etc. The text Book Hindi is seldom spoken. At Agra also the locals speak in Brij Bhasha whereas the non locals speak Hindi as that in newspapers and text books. .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Hindi is our rashtra bhasa.We are proud that we can speak this language.It is difficult to speak.We must respect this language.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Hindi is our rashtra bhasa.We are proud that we can speak this language.It is difficult to speak.We must respect this language.

Personally I feel that every language has its own beauty and should be respected equally. Being a national language learning hindi would make it easier to communicate with people all over India.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
Hindi is the language spoken in most of the countries of the world.In abroad countries also we find that they can speak Hindi.though not properly but still can speak.they also respect this language.In India it is spoken in many countries.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Hindi is the language spoken in most of the countries of the world.In abroad countries also we find that they can speak Hindi.though not properly but still can speak.they also respect this language.In India it is spoken in many countries.

Hindi is spoken only persons of Indian origin irrespective of where they live. This is not an issue. a language is nothing but a means to express our views. The highest number of speakers are in Chinese. English comes next. However, English is first if you consider also those who use English as second language. Most Indians use English as second language.

We must not love or hate any language. we must use this for happiness, prosperity and well being of human race.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I dislike Hindi as I am weak in that language but now a days I am showing some interest to learn it.

Oh come this is not a good reason to hate any language i don't know any language other than Hindi and English but I don't hate any language for this reason. :blink:

Yes Hindi hamari rashtra bhasha hai aur hum sabko use seekhna chahiye. :)
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.