Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Thanks for sharing a lot of information on this religious festival. Happy Attakul Pongala!
I want to add some thing more....
I have gone there for more than 10 times. It's my experience.
Before dawn itself...i.e around 5 o'clock, gates of almost all houses will be opened and women rushes to houses. Make hearth with bricks inside courtyard of each and every house of the city and place earthern pots filled with water. Almost all houses, the residential people themselves give water....either motor or from well ...they give it to strangers. It's really a nice thing.
I usually prefer some tree shade....also...if no hearths near...if so, we don't have to suffer much once Pongala hearths are lightened. :)
Most houses give free meals to devotees and provide them with every help.
After people gone, it remains the duty of house owner and family to clean his home premises. Yet, next year also, he invites people with great happiness.
That's why people are arriving here every year.

Meera sandhu
I wish I could make it on a pongal day in Trivendrum once in my life. I had been there several times but never on a Pongal day.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Nice information about Attukal Pongala and nice pictures shared also.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
a very nice thread for sharing such a good religious festival people like me who doesn't belong from south feels very delighted to know about such beautiful occasions happening around our country.i really appreciate more of such shares so that others would also get to know of different religious occasions that are celebrated across india.
good wishes for the same from my behalf :)
I wish I could make it on a pongal day in Trivendrum once in my life. I had been there several times but never on a Pongal day.

You should come once. Then you will come every year...such a magic!!!!

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.