Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Seriously, just 3 years, are you kidding me! Indian law system has to change. Whether minor or adult, the suffering was same, then why only 3 years punishment, why not hanged till death??? People please take action!

Three years is maximum for a juvenile. He is not to be sent to jail where hardened criminals are sent. He will be in a reformatory house specially for children. Let us hope he will be more sober and better citizen after serving his sentence. There is demand that he must be hanged till death. Parents and many others just want revenge. But law of a civilized country is not based on revenge but this is on reform.

I don't think he should be considered as juvinile by the way they committed the crime.. Don't know how our system thinks.... This is not acceptable and even that too after so long wait...

The wait was a bit longer as some litigants approached Supreme Court to request that the culprit not be treated as juvenile. After taking some time, the Supreme Court refused their request and hence the juvenile has been sentenced to maximum permissible three years that he will serve in a a juvenile reformatory center and not in a jail. There is no question of our accepting or not accepting. What law accepts is acceptable. Justice is not according to public opinion but this is according to competent judicial verdict.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Seriously, just 3 years, are you kidding me! Indian law system has to change. Whether minor or adult, the suffering was same, then why only 3 years punishment, why not hanged till death??? People please take action!

Three years is maximum for a juvenile. He is not to be sent to jail where hardened criminals are sent. He will be in a reformatory house specially for children. Let us hope he will be more sober and better citizen after serving his sentence. There is demand that he must be hanged till death. Parents and many others just want revenge. But law of a civilized country is not based on revenge but this is on reform.

I don't think he should be considered as juvinile by the way they committed the crime.. Don't know how our system thinks.... This is not acceptable and even that too after so long wait...

The wait was a bit longer as some litigants approached Supreme Court to request that the culprit not be treated as juvenile. After taking some time, the Supreme Court refused their request and hence the juvenile has been sentenced to maximum permissible three years that he will serve in a a juvenile reformatory center and not in a jail. There is no question of our accepting or not accepting. What law accepts is acceptable. Justice is not according to public opinion but this is according to competent judicial verdict.

In that case no discussions should be allowed where a case is under trial or already decided. That makes no sense to opine about topics, which have no values whatsoever.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This punishment is ridiculous. As good as allowing the juvenile to roam scotfree after such a lengthy proceedings. No wonder the dissatisfied members of the family decided to challenge JJB's order.

This punishment is ridiculous. As good as allowing the juvenile to roam scotfree after such a lengthy proceedings. No wonder the dissatisfied members of the family decided to challenge JJB's order.

Thr minors are treated differently. This is for sufficient well thought reasons. The 'Nirbhaya case' justifies stricter punishment even to the minor but law cannot be changed for a single case. Hence he gets benefit of the law. Nobody can help this.

Thr minors are treated differently. This is for sufficient well thought reasons. The 'Nirbhaya case' justifies stricter punishment even to the minor but law cannot be changed for a single case. Hence he gets benefit of the law. Nobody can help this.

True.A law or policy is not cast in the stone. In tune with the changing times and the ever changing modes of crime, I think constitutional experts can think of change in the juvenile law.

True.A law or policy is not cast in the stone. In tune with the changing times and the ever changing modes of crime, I think constitutional experts can think of change in the juvenile law.

They are already reviewing the law. Supreme Court is also hearing the plea for changes in juvenile law. But the law will not be changed retrospectively and hence the minor accused in the gang rape case gets benefit of his age of minority.

They are already reviewing the law. Supreme Court is also hearing the plea for changes in juvenile law. But the law will not be changed retrospectively and hence the minor accused in the gang rape case gets benefit of his age of minority.

The law if it's changed need not have retrospective effect . Contemplating to change the law itself is a great thing.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

The law if it's changed need not have retrospective effect . Contemplating to change the law itself is a great thing.

If they had any sense they should have thought of it soon after the gang rape case ,once they realised how a minor is taking advantage of the law and getting away with rape and murder ! As usual, everything about this country is slow paced and thats what encourages the criminals to go on commiting such heinous crimes..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If they had any sense they should have thought of it soon after the gang rape case ,once they realised how a minor is taking advantage of the law and getting away with rape and murder ! As usual, everything about this country is slow paced and thats what encourages the criminals to go on commiting such heinous crimes..

The law is framed according to normal conditions and not exceptional cases. There is no need to hurry change in law just because of a single case. It cannot be a case whenever something grave occurs, law be amended. In this case, hearing on the issue of juvenile age continues in supreme Court. A verdict or suggestion for change in law can materialize after due deliberation and not in hurry. Taking fast decision through fast track is okay but not hasty change in law. If we were to adopt this hurry, better give a good bye to democracy, law and courts and follow old monarchy system and let decisions be in whimsical manner. .

I may add that the consideration of an individual's minority status is based on the belief that a minor is incapable of taking any sane decision. That is why a minor is neither given job nor allowed to make any contract. A lunatic is also not capable of contracting and is considered not responsible for any crime. Thus the main basis for punishment is culpable state of mind. If there are too many cases of such crimes by minors, there is need to change law. It is not advisable to change law just because of one incident.

The law is framed according to normal conditions and not exceptional cases. There is no need to hurry change in law just because of a single case. It cannot be a case whenever something grave occurs, law be amended. In this case, hearing on the issue of juvenile age continues in supreme Court. A verdict or suggestion for change in law can materialize after due deliberation and not in hurry. Taking fast decision through fast track is okay but not hasty change in law. If we were to adopt this hurry, better give a good bye to democracy, law and courts and follow old monarchy system and let decisions be in whimsical manner. .

I may add that the consideration of an individual's minority status is based on the belief that a minor is incapable of taking any sane decision. That is why a minor is neither given job nor allowed to make any contract. A lunatic is also not capable of contracting and is considered not responsible for any crime. Thus the main basis for punishment is culpable state of mind. If there are too many cases of such crimes by minors, there is need to change law. It is not advisable to change law just because of one incident.

The problem is with our law where there is no provision for a change when it is necessary like there is in other countries.That is being sensible and we are stuck with our stick in the mud attitude, no wonder the country is moving backwards in every respect ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.