Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Sometimes I feel the stringent punishments done to rapists or law breakers in places like Dubai/UAE should be done in India too

Now i guess All women must wear Burkha or cover from head to toe :(

Even then they won't be safe! The cause of such incidents is not because women move freely around but more because of sick, demented and pervert minds these type of men possess who view women as not person but objects of their gratification!

There are many men who have such a mentality in India, they may not rape but by their attitude and voicng their opinion they are encouraging rape...there was a tweet earlier in the day where the person went on to say, this (rape) is the outcome of women going out to work and trying to become equal to men ..... : :angry:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Sometimes I feel the stringent punishments done to rapists or law breakers in places like Dubai/UAE should be done in India too

Even then they won't be safe! The cause of such incidents is not because women move freely around but more because of sick, demented and pervert minds these type of men possess who view women as not person but objects of their gratification!

Very well said kalyani. Until laws are not stringent, nothing can be done. But still mumbai is lot better than delhi

This is not the quantum of punishment but surety of being caught and punished is what matters more. In most cases, the culprits are not even arrested. In this case, there is news of some arrest having been made.

Even how many of them have been punished after gettting arrested.. They are taking their time out in jail,just like a second home..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

Very well said kalyani. Until laws are not stringent, nothing can be done. But still mumbai is lot better than delhi

This is not the quantum of punishment but surety of being caught and punished is what matters more. In most cases, the culprits are not even arrested. In this case, there is news of some arrest having been made.

Even how many of them have been punished after gettting arrested.. They are taking their time out in jail,just like a second home..

That's the question most valid at this moment. The newspapers, TV channels all seem to be seizing upon these incidents for their own selfish reasons and my simple question how many of them have been steadfastly following up these cases from the begging to their end. These whip up sentiments for the moment and look for the next incident to be commercially exploited. The hard fact remains that India's criminal justice system has one default program - sleeping on cases - to encourage criminals to be more daring and adventurous. This horrific incident like a few previous ones - has an ominous ring. Which is the herd mindset in committing crimes. In earlier times rapes cases were individual specific generally ,now we are coming across cases where a particular group is fired up by a common despicable, criminal act. What a state of the nation - government is helpless, judges are helpless ,the police are helpless - our womenfolk are not alone in their helplessness!!!!

At the more pragmatic level, I would suggest that people of this country must launch a vigorous movement to free the police from VIP duties, these so-called VVIPs don't pay them, they earn their salaries from taxes collected from our pockets. Most of the areas where criminal activities flourish are under-policed or in active cooperation with the police. In this god-forsaken country there is no accountability. Each one is flourishing at the cost of the other!!!
I am sure they read the newspaper and know what is happening that they can easily get away with 3-4 years of sentence and come back to do some more.I blame the center for this state of affairs...the Congress government has been lax in every way including making laws that protect people....

Congress government have only one point agenda, to come back in power. Guilty of Delhi rape do not punished till the date.
Yes. I read in the morning and was indeed shocked to read that. I was surprised to read that Mumbai was one of the safest places for women. Well, I mean that is what.I feel. It is very unfortunate to have happened. I really hope police come up with something concrete investigation.

There are many men who have such a mentality in India, they may not rape but by their attitude and voicng their opinion they are encouraging rape...there was a tweet earlier in the day where the person went on to say, this (rape) is the outcome of women going out to work and trying to become equal to men ..... : :angry:

Well, he did speak out the true opinion of ALL men in India, although most of them will not admit it, but most men do not like freedom that women now have. Isn't that kind of attitude we experience everywhere including online forums?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Well, he did speak out the true opinion of ALL men in India, although most of them will not admit it, but most men do not like freedom that women now have. Isn't that kind of attitude we experience everywhere including online forums?

Well sad but true. We are like that only. We'll keep saying that women are equal but at the same time we try to supress them.. we are hypocrites.. men will never admit their mistakes because our ego won't allow us...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Well sad but true. We are like that only. We'll keep saying that women are equal but at the same time we try to supress them.. we are hypocrites.. men will never admit their mistakes because our ego won't allow us...

Thank you for admitting this truth! There are many who would out up a heated argument saying this is not true, but in spite of having education, changes in lifestyle etc. most me are still of opinion that women are inferior and raping some poor woman who happens to have wandered in their paths unwittingly is their method of punishing them!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Now the relation of the criminal is saying that the boy is still minor and he shouldnt have been arrested by police.
Now the relation of the criminal is saying that the boy is still minor and he shouldnt have been arrested by police.

This was similar in the rape of the medical girl student in Delhi as well. A criminal was not punished as others as he was minor.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.