Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I used to bring small block books of 5 pages with big pictures and take my little niece and show her the things (like flower in the book and flower in the garden or dog in the book and dog on the street) this way,she developed the habit of reading as well as relating!!!

Swetha Shenoy
Yes, they need attractive and colorful images such as cartoons, animals in any book so comics are right choice. My nephew always used to open a book and read something in a unknow language when months baby.. :laugh: No one knows what she used to read but it was really very funny.
@Rajani....Nephew is a 'he' and not a 'she'

You are right,when they read out something, they gurgle and speak something that sounds funny :D

Swetha Shenoy
I frequently by books that is interesting to children.So they will automatically read them.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
[quote]I frequently by books that is interesting to children.So they will automatically read them. [/quote]

This is the best approach in my opinion, children normally learn by imitating parents, so if they see their parents always reading they too will follow suit and develop this habit for themselves!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Also if their elders have reading habit children will automatically read.My elder daughter reads almost all books.Her younger 3rd standard student is now reading novels!!!

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
There are several methods. I will suggest you 2 methods.
Children develop habit by seeing parents , so parents should be read books then children will surely read books.
Another way is , making kidding read interesting books like comics , story books which they get interest . so this habit will develop.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

kids hate reading . we can make them to read books if we join it with cartoons stroyes as children like cartoons.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.