Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It's a good idea worth considering! There are some classics in regional languages!
Yes as said by gulshan, hope translation are also necessary..but it need lot of effort from Boddunan staff...
Well its fine if tamil articles are written but for person like me translation is necessary.....
India's regional literature is very rich and varied and we can promote these to our mutual benefit!
chinmoymukherjee wrote:
[quote]India's regional literature is very rich and varied and we can promote these to our mutual benefit![/quote]

The various regional languages in India have common contents as cultural background of the nation is same. There is unity in diversity. It will be in interest of national unity to have access to the literature in various languages. The main handicap is that different scripts are used for the languages. Hindi, Marathi and Nepali are written in Dev Nagri, Punjabi in Gurmukhi and so on.

If we can use a common script for all languages, it will be easier to read literature in all languages.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]I also feel that literature from Tamil and other languages should e translated in English and included in Boddunan. I hope translation is not considered as copying.[/quote]

I agree with you onj thi Gulshan!! India has a rich heritage of various folklores and mythological tales in various languages, if these were translated, we would certainly have an enriching reading material available!! I agree with you that these should be translated and an acknowledgement given in the form of information regarding the original source where such material is taken from!! This should not be considered copying!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

As a common script is not available and is unlikely to be made available in the near future we can consider translating them in English keeping all the provisions of the Copyright Act in mind!
chinmoymukherjee wrote:
[quote]As a common script is not available and is unlikely to be made available in the near future we can consider translating them in English keeping all the provisions of the Copyright Act in mind![/quote]

Adopting roman script (A-Z) for all languages will solve the issue of common script. many write even Bengali, Hind SMS in roman alphabets. The Hindi film posters are also in Roman script.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Senthilkumar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.