Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
kavita porwal wrote:
[quote]its very bad on teachers part to beat kids as parents send childrens to school thinking they are in good hands but when these hands only hurt them then what should be done....[/quote]

Do the parents never beat the kids? The teachers in school are in same position as parents. If corporal punishment is totally stopped, the schools have only option to report the indiscipline to parents who will then be responsible for their child's act. If the indiscipline is intolerable, the children have to be rusticated.

There is another angle. You cannot eliminate corporal punishment from society. when children grow up without any such punishment and are spoiled, they suddenly find themselves amenable to discipline by police and courts. Is it not best to check them from the very childhood?

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I am very firmly convinced against it! Its apparent demerits far outweigh its merits that is reason the civilized world is learning to do away with corporal punishment!
Some teachers throw off the duster on the students when they fail to listen the class.It is a horrible thing to think about. :(
That's thoroughly unacceptable conduct of a teacher!The height of irresponsibility!
nagalakshmi.karunanidhi wrote:
[quote]Some teachers throw off the duster on the students when they fail to listen the class.It is a horrible thing to think about. :([/quote]

The teachers throw dusters or strike at vulnerable part of body out of sheer anger. This is certainly very bad. There must be no punishment out of anger. caning for discipline is much different from angry action of teachers. Mindless and angry attack may lead to permanent injury and even death. This is condemnable.

In my opinion, there should be strict rules but they should be in place to make the children aware of what they should do and how they should conduct themselves, but not to suffocate them or to disallow them to express themselves.

As to the beatings concerned, even parents find it necessary to spank children occasionlly. A teacher should resort to only when necessary and not in the matter that will hurt or humiliate a child seriously! Nowadays its more like trying to hurt a child physically or scar the child mentally for a long time which is utterly despicable and condemnable.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
[quote]In my opinion, there should be strict rules but they should be in place to make the children aware of what they should do and how they should conduct themselves, but not to suffocate them or to disallow them to express themselves.

As to the beatings concerned, even parents find it necessary to spank children occasionlly. A teacher should resort to only when necessary and not in the matter that will hurt or humiliate a child seriously! Nowadays its more like trying to hurt a child physically or scar the child mentally for a long time which is utterly despicable and condemnable.[/quote]

Kalyani- My views reconcile with yours. The object of sending children to school is to groom them as good future citizens. Discipline is necessary. But there must not be mindless cruelty towards children.

Yes, Gulshan, perfectly true! Rules should be made to guide and shape their personality and not to initimidate or demoralize them!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Some teachers suffer from a kind of delusion that by sriking fear in the minds of the taught they would be able to enforce discipline!
Disciple is indeed need but some harsh anger decisions can not give disciple....
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.