Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Mousumi Ghosh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Mousumi Ghosh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
I personally feel that one needs to constantly improvise oneself to do better in life ! We need to look at different spheres of activity to give us mental boost which in turn sharpens our brian and improves our memory power. A really helpful list is given below in the link ..All the ones mentioned are within our reach !

www.lifespan.com/7-brain-activities-will-improve-memory/

Thanks for sharing this link Usha. I am already into the first five things mentioned in the article..but not many people find it healthy 'talking to yourself'..infact I am being ridiculed at times when I say this to people. But talking to myself really helps in thinking through something. Words games and puzzles..using an Android cell phone has made it easier to download such games and play. All the points are quite easy and worth giving a try.

Self Talk is an accepted and highly recommended process to boost memory by the psychiatrists.

Thanks for re-ascertaining this fact..but some people do not care about facts. We can't help it. Nonetheless, we know about it so let us take the benefit of self-talking.

I too talk to myself at times esp when I am stressed or day dreaming ....I guess it is a way of letting off bottled up feelings ! As for what people think, why simply bother ? :)

I do it while sitting for Yoga in Padmasan before starting Yoga.

Some people have a habit of spekaing to themselves and shaking their head and moving their hands while traveling by bus or even walking on the street...It can be hilarious ! I sincerely hope I am not providing any such entertainment to others because yoou may not realise when you are speaking to yourself .

That is some people habit and some times it helps them also. You can take Sachin Tendulkar as an example, he will ever shake his head and speak himself before facing the balls. It gives much self- confidence for him and no need to tell that he is the No.1 cricketer till date.
I personally feel that one needs to constantly improvise oneself to do better in life ! We need to look at different spheres of activity to give us mental boost which in turn sharpens our brian and improves our memory power. A really helpful list is given below in the link ..All the ones mentioned are within our reach !

http://www.lifespan.com/7-brain-activities-will-improve-memory/

Thanks for sharing this link Usha. I am already into the first five things mentioned in the article..but not many people find it healthy 'talking to yourself'..infact I am being ridiculed at times when I say this to people. But talking to myself really helps in thinking through something. Words games and puzzles..using an Android cell phone has made it easier to download such games and play. All the points are quite easy and worth giving a try.

Self Talk is an accepted and highly recommended process to boost memory by the psychiatrists.

Thanks for re-ascertaining this fact..but some people do not care about facts. We can't help it. Nonetheless, we know about it so let us take the benefit of self-talking.

I too talk to myself at times esp when I am stressed or day dreaming ....I guess it is a way of letting off bottled up feelings ! As for what people think, why simply bother ? :)

Some people have a habit of spekaing to themselves and shaking their head and moving their hands while traveling by bus or even walking on the street...It can be hilarious ! I sincerely hope I am not providing any such entertainment to others because yoou may not realise when you are speaking to yourself :P

Even if you provide entertainment to others due to your talk, what you are going to lose? Go ahead with your self talk. You are living your life.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Some people have a habit of spekaing to themselves and shaking their head and moving their hands while traveling by bus or even walking on the street...It can be hilarious ! I sincerely hope I am not providing any such entertainment to others because yoou may not realise when you are speaking to yourself :P

I know....I have become the butt of jokes many a times when people have found me talking while working at my desk in office..which I didn't do deliberately..but just happened. Anyway as you said..we shouldn't bother too much about what people think.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I know....I have become the butt of jokes many a times when people have found me talking while working at my desk in office..which I didn't do deliberately..but just happened. Anyway as you said..we shouldn't bother too much about what people think.

Self talker will not be aware of his self talk. And that's good. Because you are fully engrossed in self talk. That's needed. You are in a kind of trance.
Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.