Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Though you may be very religious, but God is every where it is not necessary that you have to go and pray in temples only, but most of them go as they feel good, and it is a very calm place, and gives peace to the people there.

http://beautytipsforflawlessskin.blogspot.com/

I am not religious and seldom go to temples but those who do prayers 2 times a day get something special from God. Is there something they get extra in their lives than those who are not so religious. Anything you may like to share what they get from it. :blink:

Basically God and Religion are man made institutions that came into being because of man's needs in the form of providing security and mental peace. Ancient religion started with worshiping nature and people began by giving form to nature and then of course like anywhere else in life it began to develop,branch and re-branch and get complicated to what it is today. as long as you have your priorities right there is no need for either religion or god but people are different with different ideas and needs so...

Nehru, in his Discovery of India says what you said now. They used to pray only the 5 elements. And the Sun was described as "Pratyaksha Daivam.", the God who can be seen. All the present things which go by the name 'Religion' are the creations of middle men as you said.
I am not religious and seldom go to temples but those who do prayers 2 times a day get something special from God. Is there something they get extra in their lives than those who are not so religious. Anything you may like to share what they get from it. :blink:

My experience has been that those are demonstratively or extravagantly or ostentatiously religious are the ones who and their actions should be constantly put under the scanner!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9596]}

HA HA HA! That is so true seeing that religion has become the biggest institution for money laundering in India! :evil: :laugh:

And this is the kind of religious leaders that our politicians are after! Some of them are even happy with blessings through 'kicks'! I agree that some of them deserve real kicks from the people of India but blessing with feet goes against basic ethos! They even hate to use their left hand while blessing politicians! My simple take on religion is that it should be separated from 'religiosity' and what we witness in our daily lives is mass hysteria promoted and practiced by our leading lights of all fields. If people sincerely believed in grasping the tenets of all religions and translated them into their daily lives, society would have less violent and less crime-prone!

My experience has been that those are demonstratively or extravagantly or ostentatiously religious are the ones who and their actions should be constantly put under the scanner!

HA HA HA! That is so true seeing that religion has become the biggest institution for money laundering in India! :evil: :laugh:

And this is the kind of religious leaders that our politicians are after! Some of them are even happy with blessings through 'kicks'! I agree that some of them deserve real kicks from the people of India but blessing with feet goes against basic ethos! They even hate to use their left hand while blessing politicians! My simple take on religion is that it should be separated from 'religiosity' and what we witness in our daily lives is mass hysteria promoted and practiced by our leading lights of all fields. If people sincerely believed in grasping the tenets of all religions and translated them into their daily lives, society would have less violent and less crime-prone!

Yes I too so wish that I could give some choicest of blessings via feet! :evil: Actually, even though people speak volumes about religion and virtuosity etc. etc. most people are attracted to various godmen and godwomen who have and exhibit displays of sinfully large amounts of money, eg. Nirmal baba, Shri Radhe Maa! There are some who really are very simple folks and practice what they preach but as they live frugally and do not have money to show, they do not get any followers! Some days ago I was watching a documentary on Shri Radhe Maa, initially it seems she was very simple in her outlook and outfit both and she failed to attract fan following. So she spruced up her appearance with more expensive designer sarees, diamond jewelry especially the diamond tiara she wears on her head, meticulous make-up and hair style and lo! She turned into a success story with many celebrities of Hollywood as her followers! She also attracted more money as way of offereings to her. Did the money and lavish display of her wealth make her more pious or religious??? But the mass hysteria that follows her or the Nirmal Baba or Amma Bhagwan from south really is something! :blink: :unsure:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes I too so wish that I could give some choicest of blessings via feet! :evil: Actually, even though people speak volumes about religion and virtuosity etc. etc. most people are attracted to various godmen and godwomen who have and exhibit displays of sinfully large amounts of money, eg. Nirmal baba, Shri Radhe Maa! There are some who really are very simple folks and practice what they preach but as they live frugally and do not have money to show, they do not get any followers! Some days ago I was watching a documentary on Shri Radhe Maa, initially it seems she was very simple in her outlook and outfit both and she failed to attract fan following. So she spruced up her appearance with more expensive designer sarees, diamond jewelry especially the diamond tiara she wears on her head, meticulous make-up and hair style and lo! She turned into a success story with many celebrities of Hollywood as her followers! She also attracted more money as way of offereings to her. Did the money and lavish display of her wealth make her more pious or religious??? But the mass hysteria that follows her or the Nirmal Baba or Amma Bhagwan from south really is something! :blink: :unsure:

What a topsy turvy world we live in ! On the one hand Indians love to hear stories about simplicity and how all the saints and god men lived with bare minimum of comfort and on the other hand we have a generation of who only recognise glitz and glory....one can see it trickling down to our population as well where people love to talk about themselves and their achievements at any given opportunity , so little wonder that even godmen and religious leaders have to change ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

What a topsy turvy world we live in ! On the one hand Indians love to hear stories about simplicity and how all the saints and god men lived with bare minimum of comfort and on the other hand we have a generation of who only recognise glitz and glory....one can see it trickling down to our population as well where people love to talk about themselves and their achievements at any given opportunity , so little wonder that even godmen and religious leaders have to change ...

Yes, it's contradiction of the most interesting kind! Now I come across Sadhus of Ramkrishna Mission travelling in swanky cars with police pilot van!! It encapsulates the signature of times we live in!

Yes, it's contradiction of the most interesting kind! Now I come across Sadhus of Ramkrishna Mission travelling in swanky cars with police pilot van!! It encapsulates the signature of times we live in!

Wonder what next ? :dry: .....All these high profile( low character) citizens are beginning to look and sound the same - be it politicians,film stars,celebrities, mafia lords and religious leaders ! Bharat mahaan..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There may be different reasons behind the religious attitude of people. They are -
1. He love God.
2. He is God fearing.
3. He wants to build strong image in the sight of people because he is Brahmin by caste., etc.

Wonder what next ? :dry: .....All these high profile( low character) citizens are beginning to look and sound the same - be it politicians,film stars,celebrities, mafia lords and religious leaders ! Bharat mahaan..

Yes, Usha! There has been a steady rise of all the lumpen elements in all walks of life! So, never anyone in saffron robe and if you trust at all then don't forget the dictum 'Trust and Verify"!!! :dry: :dry: :dry: :dry: :dry:
I think the belief that going to temple regularly can impress God and satisfies every desire is stupidity. Being religious to some extent is good but too much obsession can be injurious to society. I am not so much religious and really don't know why some people are so much religious.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.