I am not religious and seldom go to temples but those who do prayers 2 times a day get something special from God. Is there something they get extra in their lives than those who are not so religious. Anything you may like to share what they get from it. :blink:
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am not religious and seldom go to temples but those who do prayers 2 times a day get something special from God. Is there something they get extra in their lives than those who are not so religious. Anything you may like to share what they get from it. :blink:

You do not need to go to temples even if you are religious because God does not live in temples but in your own self. I have a firm faith in God but that comes to me in form of Mother Nature. After all there is a force that is running this universe. You know the faith keeps one working towards good else no one would get inspiration to well from nowhere.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta
Then why we see lot of crowd in temples. People I think are ignorant and they feel they feel they must go to the temples if they believe on God. :blink:

Being religious and regular visits to temples need not have any links with each other. Many people go to temples without being religious. Many see temples as the centers of serenity.
Thank you said by: Sumit Ranjan
Being religious is a past time. Your health depends on the way you eat and act. Job success depends on your skill, work and relation with boss, colleagues and customers. Happiness is a state of mind.

I have some personal experience. I am not religious. My grandfather was not religious. He was healthy and happy till he died at age of 90 years. My grand mother was very religious but she suffered from paralysis and died in sick bed. My maternal uncle was also very religious but was bed ridden for several years. I am also okay and had neverto be hospitalized.

It is obvious that religious practice brings neither happiness nor health. It is a past time only.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Hi SJ.. I don't believe in all these things. I am not that much religious. And I really don't go to temples specially for praying and all that. Yes I do pray but surely not go for any special place for it.

About multiplying the pray, I don't think God is counting those numbers.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

Sanjeev, am a religious person who talk a lot about God. My hubby belongs to a communist family who says, "God doesn't exist". But he is surprised seeing my poojas...he says, "Even if you talk a lot about God, why you never go to temples? Normally believers are not so. I have never met a Hindu like you in my life :laugh: :laugh: ".
When I stayed in Kodungallur, just opposite was a Subramaniya temple. we stayed there for 2.5 years. But I have gone to that temple below 10 times. My hubby asks me to go to temple every evening taking vavus. But I am lazy. But every day morning and evening, I just look at the temple and prays. I even talk a lot of Subramaniya and calls him always. Yet I am a lazy fellow who always want to stay at home.
Now we are at thrissur for 1.5 years. Guruvayur temple is just 18 kms away. yet we never visited the temple. We made plans to go to temple during Vavu's birthday. But it didn't happen. But I call Guruvayurappan frequently, prays to him , talks to him...as if he is my dearest friend. After all am Meera. :P . That relation started long before marriage :woohoo: that I got that pet name from my friends.
It's just 2 minute walk to a famous Siva temple in my new residence. Now it's 3 weeks since we have shifted. Yet I have never gone to that temple. Every day I say, "I will go today evening.", but.....

Even if I visit temples rarely I believe in God a lot and good deeds are needed to please him than prayers. I firmly believe so :)

Meera sandhu
Have you people watched Oh My god?
Do watch it once. It carries a very nice message. I saw that movie last week

Meera sandhu

Basically God and Religion are man made institutions that came into being because of man's needs in the form of providing security and mental peace. Ancient religion started with worshiping nature and people began by giving form to nature and then of course like anywhere else in life it began to develop,branch and re-branch and get complicated to what it is today. as long as you have your priorities right there is no need for either religion or god but people are different with different ideas and needs so...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

My experience has been that those are demonstratively or extravagantly or ostentatiously religious are the ones who and their actions should be constantly put under the scanner!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9596]}

My experience has been that those are demonstratively or extravagantly or ostentatiously religious are the ones who and their actions should be constantly put under the scanner!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9596]}

HA HA HA! That is so true seeing that religion has become the biggest institution for money laundering in India! :evil: :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.